Random Bears Thoughts - Offseason Thread

Ty21

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Limited reps but he didn’t look good when he played inside last season…I just think he is a casualty of a regime change.

I think it was just they had no tackles so that had to keep him there. 

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Jenkins links to an account saying he is moving to LG…he is an eccentric dude so could be nothing but could be the plan…for me it would make perfect sense to move him to LG and have Davis at RG.

I don’t know that it makes perfect sense. It makes sense in light of what they did.  

They signed a FA that plays Teven’s same position so they had to make a choice.  We can’t have two right guards and Teven is too good to bench (at least from an outside perspective).  The platooning that lasted for three games was baffling.  One was enough.  Like someone really wanted Patrick over Teven, but finally had to face fact that Teven was better. 

We can’t say continuity is important, but not when it comes to Teven.   Teven just got short end of stick.  It will be another position change for Tevin.  

At least that ends all speculation of him moving to right tackle.  

Could work out.  He may be better suited to left guard. 

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I don’t know that it makes perfect sense. It makes sense in light of what they did.  

They signed a FA that plays Teven’s same position so they had to make a choice.  We can’t have two right guards and Teven is too good to bench (at least from an outside perspective).  The platooning that lasted for three games was baffling.  One was enough.  Like someone really wanted Patrick over Teven, but finally had to face fact that Teven was better. 

We can’t say continuity is important, but not when it comes to Teven.   Teven just got short end of stick.  It will be another position change for Tevin.  

At least that ends all speculation of him moving to right tackle.  

Could work out.  He may be better suited to left guard. 

Never been an OL, but I would think the switch from RG to LG is a pretty simple one given that the restricted space you’re working in would seemingly make the differences between the two post-snap pretty negligible. Your responsibilities are the same. That move is a eemingly far different than transitioning from OT to OG where things move faster. 

7 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Never been an OL, but I would think the switch from RG to LG is a pretty simple one given that the restricted space you’re working in would seemingly make the differences between the two post-snap pretty negligible. Your responsibilities are the same. That move is a eemingly far different than transitioning from OT to OG where things move faster. 

I don't think it is that big a deal as long as you get a full offseason doing it.

• Like 2

Justin Fields in his GQ interview said he got his earring cheap on Amazon and they look like the real thing. Then called himself cheap. Hope that rings true in a couple years when we have to pay him 

• Like 1

I don’t remember if I posted this before or not but Drew Rosenhaus was talking about the Moore trade and said a trade is always a good thing: it means you’re gonna be valued and paid. So us thinking we might have Moore on a comfortable deal for a few years might not be the case 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

I don’t remember if I posted this before or not but Drew Rosenhaus was talking about the Moore trade and said a trade is always a good thing: it means you’re gonna be valued and paid. So us thinking we might have Moore on a comfortable deal for a few years might not be the case 

i think it was a pretty general comment about trades -this is the first year of moores extension. even if he does want an increase in a year or 2, the base of what the contract currently is will help us keep cap hits down

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Limited reps but he didn’t look good when he played inside last season…I just think he is a casualty of a regime change.

Yes, he looked lost trying to block the second level in run blocking.  However, I think his size and speed, if given the reps, would be a good OG.

It’s crazy that I never knew (or found out and forgot) that Thomas Jones was a first round pick. He was drafted before I started following the league but when I started collecting football cards there were two Thomas Jones RBs in the league and one was an UDFA. I thought our TJ was an UDFA for the longest time. 

On 4/10/2023 at 9:49 AM, AZBearsFan said:

Josh Sitton said switching sides was like learning how to wipe your *** with the other hand. Lol

One factor with moving T. Jenkins to LG and plugging FA guy at RG is it might be an indication that Bears Brass are inclined to keep Braxton at LT, because you are likely drafting a rookie for the RT position and:

1. Putting the Vet at RG should help the right side rookie experience wise

2. Also moving Jenkins can also help the rookie stability wise, considering the constant issues with Jenkins' health/back and the likelihood that someone else will probably be playing at least some of the season. Just makes it easier on the rookie if the guy next to him isn't in and out of the lineup with back problems constantly.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

LMAO absolutely ridiculous

I was a fan of Paces confidence in that if you have a guy you love, go get them, but at the same time it devastated the teams draft capital and probably helped contribute to those players failures as they had less overall talent around them. That strategy will work if you hit and do it sparingly, but man oh man, in hindsight how far it set the team back is insane.

• Like 2