Random Bears Thoughts - Offseason Thread

Ty21

14 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

The Bills played the Bears last year. Were Edmunds' eyes not working then?

FWIW the Bills game was his worst rushing performance of the season (7 carries for just 11 yards). He never really got out in the open that game at all. But to your point, it’s not like Edmunds didn’t watch film before that game either. I found the comment a bit odd too. 

It's just different when you are around someone more, in street clothes and in person.

You hear a lot of reporters saying this week on podcasts and youtube that Edmunds is really, really big in person especially for a LB.   

Hear a lot reporters saying same with Dexter.  His college DL coach recently said same in an interview on CHGO I think it was.   In person in your office he is just huge.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

It's just different when you are around someone more, in street clothes and in person.

You hear a lot of reporters saying this week on podcasts and youtube that Edmunds is really, really big in person especially for a LB.   

Hear a lot reporters saying same with Dexter.  His college DL coach recently said same in an interview on CHGO I think it was.   In person in your office he is just huge.

I remember the first time I saw Akiem Hicks in Bourbonnais. He was literally bigger than my refrigerator. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I remember the first time I saw Akiem Hicks in Bourbonnais. He was literally bigger than my refrigerator. 

I thought I was a pretty big guy until I went to the bears expo in ‘09. Israel Idonije dwarfed me. I’m 6’2, so not a giant but god he made me feel like a small child 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Hopefully he couldn't care less rather than he could care less

I decided a while ago to stop nitpicking grammar because it just makes you come off as an ***hole 

6 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I decided a while ago to stop nitpicking grammar because it just makes you come off as an ***hole 

To me it's not nitpicking "grammar." It's nitpicking the words. Could he care less, or couldn't he?

I also realize he "couldn't care less." It's just crazy how often that phrase is improperly used

Edited by beardown3231

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

To me it's not nitpicking "grammar." It's nitpicking the words. Could he care less, or couldn't he?

I also realize he "couldn't care less." It's just crazy how often that phrase is improperly used

Yep I just shrug it all off at this point. Even if you correct it, they’ll probably keep doing it their way and you’ll just drive yourself crazy. I understand what they meant and I understand they’re not Nikola Einstein 

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Anyone else think DJM's quote was weird when they asked if he worked out with Fields in the offseason? To paraphrase he said "no comment." That comes off worse than "no" to be honest

Does sound weird, like Pace or Fox trying to keep their statements close to the chest for no reason.

I never count on an athlete to sound overly intelligent. Then if they do then I'm just pleasantly surprised. If not then I just remember I really only care about their performance on the field and basic morality.