Playoff Bye Week Discussion: Looking down from our Ivory Tower at these Pleabs tussling for our Entertainment

EaglesPeteC

NFC times (eastern)

Sat: Seahawks at Niners 4:30
Sun: Giants at Vikings 4:30
Mon: Cowboys at Bucs 8:15

So if the Giants or Seahawks win we probably play Saturday, especially if it’s Seattle.

If it’s the Bucs or Cowboys it’ll be on Sunday next week.

AFC times (eastern)

Sat: Chargers at Jags 8:15
Sun: Dolphins at Bills 1:00
        Ravens at Bengals 8:15

12 hours ago, Kiltman said:

NFC times (eastern)

Sat: Seahawks at Niners 4:30
Sun: Giants at Vikings 4:30
Mon: Cowboys at Bucs 8:15

So if the Giants or Seahawks win we probably play Saturday, especially if it’s Seattle.

If it’s the Bucs or Cowboys it’ll be on Sunday next week.

Fun fact: If we end up playing Dallas, it will be about a month since we played a road game, and it will be about a month since Dallas played a home game.

The Giants don't scare me and I wouldn't be too nervous about playing Tampa or Dallas coming off a short week. Oddly enough, I'd be more worried about the Seahawks if they managed to upset the Niners.

• Like 1

Healthier then the conservative week 18 Hurts. I'm sure he's probably going to get a shot of some sort and play full tilt like he did for the rest of the Bears game.

Hopefully that doesn't involve numerous tackled run plays. Get your yards, slide. Get your yards go out of bounds. Don't take unnecessary hits. That better be the message and understood!!!

While I doubt he plays next week , I'm more concerned about Lane Johnson being out then Hurts's shoulder. That might put Jalen in more danger then his running. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Healthier then the conservative week 18 Hurts. I'm sure he's probably going to get a shot of some sort and play full tilt like he did for the rest of the Bears game.

Hopefully that doesn't involve numerous tackled run plays. Get your yards, slide. Get your yards go out of bounds. Don't take unnecessary hits. That better be the message and understood!!!

While I doubt he plays next week , I'm more concerned about Lane Johnson being out then Hurts's shoulder. That might put Jalen in more danger then his running. 

I'd bet a large sum of money that Lane will play next week.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd bet a large sum of money that Lane will play next week.

This was always the plan when he delayed surgery. The question to me was always more so if his body gonna be able to hold up for whole games. He even said in this that he hasn’t don’t contact stuff yet and that he’s “gonna wrap this thing up and see what happens”. Lane is a tough SOB, so he’s gonna try his hardest to be out there until it’s determined he can’t be. At least he won’t have to go against Nick Bosa in the first game. I think D Law is strong as **** and would be annoying for him to play too. I think I’d most want him to play the Giants slighter edge rushers if I had a choice. 

• Like 1

I think he dresses but doesn't start. Sees how the first few drives go, the score,  success,  lack there of and that determines whether he plays or not. Willis Reed style after 1/2 unless Driscoll straight gets abused from the start.

As much as we need Lane, another week of rehab if we can somehow win without him allows him to play the NFCCG. Having any setback for that game, would be worse.

20 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I think he dresses but doesn't start. Sees how the first few drives go, the score,  success,  lack there of and that determines whether he plays or not. Willis Reed style after 1/2 unless Driscoll straight gets abused from the start.

As much as we need Lane, another week of rehab if we can somehow win without him allows him to play the NFCCG. Having any setback for that game, would be worse.

Love the idea but the game could be flipped on it's head early and then we'll be screwed possibly. Rather try the opposite and try to run it up quickly and get him out of the game in the second half if it's possible