Playoff Bye Week Discussion: Looking down from our Ivory Tower at these Pleabs tussling for our Entertainment

EaglesPeteC

20 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I think he dresses but doesn't start. Sees how the first few drives go, the score,  success,  lack there of and that determines whether he plays or not.

Yeah…. nah. If Lane is dressing then he’s gonna be out there from the first snap.

I don’t think his injury is something that can just heal up on its own, especially not just with another week. He’s gonna have to get the surgery on it. It’s gonna be more about his pain tolerance and/or if he worsens it.

• Like 2

Cam probably one of the only Saints I really like. Shame we reached for need  instead at 23 and took old *** Danny Watkins the pick before the Saints took him. What a travesty. That might’ve stopped us from giving that ******, Jason Babin, a 5 year deal a few months later. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Like they could’ve paid some guard in FA or got Kelechi Osemele in the next draft at the end of the second round as he went the pick after we took Vinny Curry and we wouldn’t have needed him if we went Jordan the year before. We also took Mychal Kendricks the pick before Bobby Wagner earlier in that 2nd too. Feels like we whenever we aren’t drafting in the top half of the first we usually have a player we should’ve taken go immediately after us. Obviously Reagor is what is fresh in peoples heads and that’s the worst one of the bunch, but it happened a lot back then. Andy really was very involved in personnel and the draft back then. He kinda dug his own grave a bit in Philly. Really feel like the split was beneficial for him and the Eagles. I really don’t mind if coaches have input into draft stuff cause they should be involved but I don’t like when coaches have too much power in that regard. It almost always goes wrong, because a coach is focused on the present while a great GM should be focusing on a longer timeline and all the minutia that goes into the job that a head coach doesn’t have time for. 

I don’t know how I went off on this tangent from Lane’s injury, but that was my TED talk for the day.

thanks university GIF by TEDxUNebrija

31 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hopefully the Giants can knock off the Vikings tomorrow. I’d rather have that extra day of rest for the NFC Championship than the divisional round. 

Plus, I want to pay Thibodeaux back for that cheap **** on Foles where he was a friggin free rusher on the sack.

I want the Giants because that means TB/Dal winner goes to SF. Minnesota will win though.

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah…. nah. If Lane is dressing then he’s gonna be out there from the first snap.

I don’t think his injury is something that can just heal up on its own, especially not just with another week. He’s gonna have to get the surgery on it. It’s gonna be more about his pain tolerance and/or if he worsens it.

Yeah, I agree and I'd like to add that we should probably take the word of the actual player who is literally saying he's going to play. Crazy idea, I guess.

4 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

Yeah, I agree and I'd like to add that we should probably take the word of the actual player who is literally saying he's going to play. Crazy idea, I guess.

Did you expect Lane to say anything else when put on the spot, seriously? Of course he's going to play, unless in the 9 days leading up to the game a setback occurs. Then it's, I planned to but just wasn't ready. 

Like with Jalen unless Lane lies, the coaching/training staff will tell Lane if he's playing or waiting. 

🤞🙏 cross he's good to go, just didn't seem like a injury you play with for a month. Was actually encouraged when he referenced Cam Jordan 2019 season,  and playing through it. God knows we need him!!! 👍

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 1/13/2023 at 3:16 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

This was always the plan when he delayed surgery. The question to me was always more so if his body gonna be able to hold up for whole games. He even said in this that he hasn’t don’t contact stuff yet and that he’s “gonna wrap this thing up and see what happens”. Lane is a tough SOB, so he’s gonna try his hardest to be out there until it’s determined he can’t be. At least he won’t have to go against Nick Bosa in the first game. I think D Law is strong as **** and would be annoying for him to play too. I think I’d most want him to play the Giants slighter edge rushers if I had a choice. 

any word on Maddox?