Around the NFL - !!PLAYOFFS!!

DaBoys

I count 4 FA/trade defensive starters for us this year in Kearse, Hooker, Barr and Watkins/Hankins (idk if Livesay thinks Watkins was a draft pick or something but he’s wrong).

He’s right about the offense though. Literally all draft picks if you count Tyron (otherwise 10 and a UDFA in Steele). That’s pretty staggering

We haven't really talked about this yet but, who do you like in the SB?

Some things on my mind are:

1. Philly looks like the most complete team in football, they have all year. Some of the things I took noticed in the playoffs are:

. Hurts didn't throw a single TD in the NFCCG.

.Until 2:00 before the half that game was 7 to 7. Iggles offense did squat.

. They DID run the ball very effectively the entire playoffs.

2. Kansas City, outside of Kelcie, who else do they have?

. What is their defense like?

. Can their DBs cover?

. Is there O line any good, can they stand up to Philly's rush?

3. Then there are the intangibles:

. Reid is used to losing in big games. He is 1 and 6 in NFCCG, SB and AFCCG combined.

. Don't know enough about Siriani to make a call on this.

With all that, I think Philly edges them

31 to 27.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, textaz03 said:

didnt know where to put this. But this was shameful. 

I think he would have stayed hot all year he would have squeezed out a vote or two, but he had 1.5 sack(s) over the last 6 games of the regular season. He didn’t finish in the top 5 in sacks. He isn’t a exactly tackle machine. He actually had ~20 less tackles than his rookie year. Wasn’t one of the top guys for forced fumbles. Had zero picks.

Did he have a good year? Yes, but Where do we see best defensive player of 2022? 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I think he would have stayed hot all year he would have squeezed out a vote or two, but he had 1.5 sack(s) over the last 6 games of the regular season. He didn’t finish in the top 5 in sacks. He isn’t a exactly tackle machine. He actually had ~20 less tackles than his rookie year. Wasn’t one of the top guys for forced fumbles. Had zero picks.

Did he have a good year? Yes, but Where do we see best defensive player of 2022? 

I don’t have a problem with it either. I’d have put him at 4 or 5 behind Bosa, Jones, Crosby, and maybe Garrett.

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah, Micah (and the entire defense) tailed off toward the end of the season so I’m not surprised.