Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'd also inquire about Jerry Jeudy, Brandon Ayiuk, Tee Higgins, Brandin Cooks, Tyler Boyd, and Diontae Johnson.

For sure.  All of those names are solid.  Working with a co GM which seems to make things move a little slower, but we'll get there.

6 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

He isn't ok at covering? 

Can't pretend like I watched him , just by what pff and other stuff was saying . 

I seen they actually matched him to the Steelers just yesterday I think. 

I think I definitely overpaid though , I didn't think David long Jr would go for like 5 ish apy

Woah I didn't expect to get so many players.

With Pratt and Long, the Chargers have completely eliminated their ILB worries and even got a backup back very cheaply in Reeder. Wylie is an immediate upgrade at RT and at around 4 million per year also very cheap.

Saints got a starter in Hernandez to replace Peat and could resign some quality depth players in Harty and Evans for cheap.

7 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I know Payne is a solid player and perhaps I'm just cheap when it comes to giving up picks but 14th overall sounds like you got the better end of that deal.  That said, I've seen what a top notch IDL can do to your defense.  Dexter Lawrence has been nothing but a beast for us and I thought he was drafted too high, so what do I know...ha 

The Colts traded #14 overall a few years ago for Deforest Buckner.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Thank you for hosting it, I'm down to participate any year going forward and would love to help you next year, I'm a spreadsheet wiz. 

Also quick question it says that I have $29.7M in space available before Payne's extension savings ($7M) or Jacobs franchise tag are accounted for, so when the dust settles I should still have like $25-27M?

Make sure your first round pick part of the rookie pool gets reimbursed back to you.

Nice night for me finally. I identified 3 guys I wanted back in Charlotte for depth/continuity as well as getting 2 guys that could contribute right away. Rudolph is cheap and a veteran on a one year deal. He can get me through 2023 even if his best years are behind him. Mike Hughes is a solid signing to help my corner depth. Should slot in nicely. 

CAR $11,309,109 Resign 3 $8,750,000 $8,622,355 Cory Littleton LB CAR
CAR $11,309,109 Resign 3 $8,645,000 $8,405,537 Bradley Bozeman C CAR
CAR $11,309,109 UFA 2 $5,250,000 $5,068,182 Mike Hughes CB CAR
CAR $11,309,109 Resign 2 $3,205,800 $3,289,739 Cameron Erving RT CAR
CAR $11,309,109 UFA 1 $2,100,000 $2,100,000 Kyle Rudolph TE CAR
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, whodatOL said:

Woah I didn't expect to get so many players.

With Pratt and Long, the Chargers have completely eliminated their ILB worries and even got a backup back very cheaply in Reeder. Wylie is an immediate upgrade at RT and at around 4 million per year also very cheap.

Saints got a starter in Hernandez to replace Peat and could resign some quality depth players in Harty and Evans for cheap.

Long was a good get , I switched last minute cause I thought he'd get more then that

7 hours ago, Cbrunn said:

He isn't ok at covering? 

Can't pretend like I watched him , just by what pff and other stuff was saying . 

I seen they actually matched him to the Steelers just yesterday I think. 

I think I definitely overpaid though , I didn't think David long Jr would go for like 5 ish apy

The most successful offensive gameplans against the Eagles this season were essentially "Find Kyzir White. Throw at Kyzir White." lol

He's a pretty good LB overall, but he's not a plus asset in coverage and was probably the weakest link in the defense this season.