Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I was having trouble deciding if I wanted him or Byron Young there, so I’m glad the decision was made for me.

Nice pick up... that dude adds about 3 lbs. and his explosive numbers = a great pass rusher.

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

-Also is it just me, or is anyone else not so high on Musgrave? I watched some tape and thought that he was meh, I much preferred Laporta to him

I honestly have him as my TE5. 

54 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Nice pick up... that dude adds about 3 lbs. and his explosive numbers = a great pass rusher.

Great story and local prospect also helps.  I think he's fine to stay at his weight.  Titans already have a two man rotation for "strong" pass rushers, so Young can sub in for Landry and be our other speed guy.  Gives us a deep Edge rotation.

Although @ny92mike I can't find Byron Young on the draft board.  Just the Byron Young from Alabama shows, as far as I can find.  It's got me having drafted him on there.

Just now, Daniel said:

Great story and local prospect also helps.  I think he's fine to stay at his weight.  Titans already have a two man rotation for "strong" pass rushers, so Young can sub in for Landry and be our other speed guy.  Gives us a deep Edge rotation.

Although @ny92mike I can't find Byron Young on the draft board.  Just the Byron Young from Alabama shows, as far as I can find.  It's got me having drafted him on there.

Oops hang on that's my fault. Let me double check.

OTC @downundermike. Coming soon @NYRaider, @bcb1213, @ovfd55, @jch1911, @mountainpd

T.B.
giphcy6ie9mxbnldntsf
General Manager Round Pick Overall Cap Hit Start End
FALSE downundermike 3rd 8 71 $1,052,424 Fri, 03/10 06:40 PM Fri, 03/10 07:20 PM
T.B. Team General Manager Round Pick Overall Cap Hit Start End
FALSE BUF downundermike 3rd 9 72 $1,049,604 Fri, 03/10 07:20 PM Fri, 03/10 08:00 PM
FALSE LVR NYRaider 3rd 10 73 $1,045,806 Fri, 03/10 08:00 PM Fri, 03/10 08:40 PM
FALSE NYJ bcb1213 3rd 11 74 $1,043,923 Fri, 03/10 08:40 PM Fri, 03/10 09:20 PM
FALSE ATL ovfd55 3rd 12 75 $1,041,014 Fri, 03/10 09:20 PM Fri, 03/10 10:00 PM
FALSE HOU jch1911 3rd 13 76 $1,032,783 Fri, 03/10 10:00 PM Sat, 03/11 10:00 AM
FALSE MIA mountainpd 3rd 14 77 $1,031,854 Sat, 03/11 10:00 AM Sat, 03/11 10:40 AM

Alright, best picks of Round 2.  Only four this time around because there were just too many to sort through for the fifth one:

41. Jalin Hyatt: Jalin Hyatt will end up a first round pick, so it's shocking to be able to land him here.  I think he'll be a little overrated by then, but still, a very good pick.
43. Jack Campbell: This is the pick of the round.  Campbell doesn't have sideline to sideline speed, but that's all he doesn't have.  He'll be an excellent inside linebacker from day 1.
44. Darnell Wright: They have him listed as a right tackle, which is good, because I think that's where he'll have to stay.  Plug and play right tackle.
54: Cody Mauch: Probably my pick for the best guard prospect in the draft.  He and Luke Musgraves were my third round targets.

Worst.  Here, I had to shorten it even more, because I liked the vast majority of the picks made here.

36. Kayshon Boutte: Before the combine, this would be at least defensible, but it'd still likely make the list.  Boutte had an underwhelming final season and then one of the worst combines in his position group.  Guys like Downs, Hyatt, and even like two or three more receivers that are still there would have been way, way better picks.
38. Drew Sanders: Over Trenton Simpson and Jack Campbell?
52. Derrick Hall: Foskey, McDonald, and Young all still on the board, and with much higher grades on my board.  But ok.

40 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

-Damn you @EaglesPeteC , I was hoping Sydney Brown would fall to me later

-Gotta say, I think Jahmyr Gibbs in Detroit is pretty redundant

-Also is it just me, or is anyone else not so high on Musgrave? I watched some tape and thought that he was meh, I much preferred Laporta to him

Its the age old debate between potential and production. Musgrave is the upside and players like LaPorta are pretty much at thier ceiling.

• Like 1