Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@downundermike I live in Ohio under an hour from Columbus, so I'm a lifelong OSU fan for obvious reasons.

You are allowed to leave the state of Ohio, don't let them peer pressure you to stay. Other states exist. You don't have to watch the Buckeyes, Browns or Bengals. You can head due west and restart in Indiana. It won't be great initially, but you'll have escaped Ohio. You can trade in the Cavaliers for the Pacers, the Browns for the Colts, you can watch the fast cars go in circles for hours if you like. You can do it, run west. Notre Dame for OSU.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

You are allowed to leave the state of Ohio, don't let them peer pressure you to stay. Other states exist. You don't have to watch the Buckeyes, Browns or Bengals. You can head due west and restart in Indiana. It won't be great initially, but you'll have escaped Ohio. You can trade in the Cavaliers for the Pacers, the Browns for the Colts, you can watch the fast cars go in circles for hours if you like. You can do it, run west. Notre Dame for OSU.

Ohio is easily an elite state for me. 4 seasons, 2+ acres of land for me, an elite school for my kids, an elite cost of living, and a solid well paying job with kind people. Colts fans and I do really coexist very well very often. The elitist snobbery for many doesn't resonate with my blue collar attitude and appreciation for the finer things in life.

Indiana fans probably eat boneless wings and dip them in ranch dressing while sipping on some type of mid tier overpriced cocktail...and don't even get me started on Notre Dame. Hard pass.

Bills and Cardinals hitting the trenches hard in this thing. Good way to build a foundation.

I'm starting to think @Daniel and myself might not see eye to eye on a lot of prospects. Not necessarily a bad thing. There are always those people who just frequently find themselves on opposite ends of top 5 lists, or sleeper vs bust projections. It can be fun. The Byron Young pick prompted this thought, among other conversations we've both been in. I'm calling Byron Young (TEN) the Anthony Richardson of the Edge class. Crazy athletic, but he's going to need help/time putting it together. IMO, of course. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Can confirm. 

Woah woah I thought this was a OSU bashing.   Not an Ohio bashing.    Ohio is top 5 visit,  midamerica charm and welcoming.   Add in the cost of living,  I would live there, in a heart beat, if I didn’t love Kansas 

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Woah woah I thought this was a OSU bashing.   Not an Ohio bashing.    Ohio is top 5 visit,  midwestern charm and welcoming.   Add in the cost of living,  I would live there, in a heart beat, if I didn’t love Kansas 

I would go to Ohio for many reasons, I just would not live there, and surely would not support some bum school in Ohio