Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

4 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Yeah i like him and wouldn't mind if the Niners would take him. Think the 4th is more where i would grab him but honestly at this point the difference isn't that big.

Agreed. Glad to see a lot of you like him too. Validated the “reach” for me a little. 

5 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Yeah i like him and wouldn't mind if the Niners would take him. Think the 4th is more where i would grab him but honestly at this point the difference isn't that big.

More and more I'm thinking outside of the top 64 you just take "your guys". Don't risk it. The Eagles missing on Russell Wilson comes to mind. They thought he'd keep sliding.

I know I have this thing when scouting where if a guy is projected in multiple places as a 4th-5th I'm reluctant to take him any higher than the 3rd. It has cost me at times. 

2 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

More and more I'm thinking outside of the top 64 you just take "your guys". Don't risk it. The Eagles missing on Russell Wilson comes to mind. They thought he'd keep sliding.

I know I have this thing when scouting where if a guy is projected in multiple places as a 4th-5th I'm reluctant to take him any higher than the 3rd. It has cost me at times. 

Yep. I’m thinking I made the right decision with my gut. Doesn’t seem like he would have been around at my next pick. 

@DTMW78 Jammie was who I was going to take ever since Battle went off the board until I talked myself into the RB. I was hoping people would be scared of his size and let him fall another round. You got a heck of an aggressive safety always fighting to jar the ball loose. Reminds me of a Jimmie Ward type could play either safety spot or nickel, but doesn't have the build to sell people on him... but stays a starter in the league for a good while.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

@DTMW78 Jammie was who I was going to take ever since Battle went off the board until I talked myself into the RB. I was hoping people would be scared of his size and let him fall another round. You got a heck of an aggressive safety always fighting to jar the ball loose. Reminds me of a Jimmie Ward type could play either safety spot or nickel, but doesn't have the build to sell people on him... but stays a starter in the league for a good while.

Agreed on the Jimmy Ward comp.

Hoping the 9ers take a look at this kid IRL as it looks like Ward will move on this off season.

• Like 1