2022 Divisional Round: NFC 5) Cowboys @ 2) 49ers

Manny/Patrick

3 hours ago, Forge said:

ESPN win probability model actually has the Cowboys favored to win this one. 

How did they decide that? Not disagreeing, I think it's going to be very close. I'm just curious considering all random factors favor 49ers (longer rest, at home, in better form, etc)

Edited by stlducks

Unless Dallas implodes on offense with turnovers, I think they got this.  They have averaged well over 30 points since their bye week (I want to say that the Cowboys have averaged over 30 in games Dak has played since McCarthy has arrived, but don't feel like confirming).  I don't doubt the 49ers have the talent on offense to keep up, but I don't think Purdy can play like he did last week and they win.  I know the #s were nice, but he had a couple of throws that should have been picked and I don't think he gets away with some of his scramble drills against Parsons and co.  

11 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Every year people hype up some defense then they get embarrassed in January. This year its the 49ers. Let see how they perform today 

That's phrased kind of weird.  It sounds like the niners defense is a flash in the pan that came out of nowhere this year and is getting hyped up lol

Just now, Forge said:

You make it sound like the niners defense is a flash in the pan that came out of nowhere this year  

Yeah they were great in 2019 as well got a lot of hype and got exposed in the Super Bowl’s biggest moment. Last year they were also great have up a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter of the NFC title game. 

The last great defense in the NFL was the 2015 broncos 

8 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Yeah they were great in 2019 as well got a lot of hype and got exposed in the Super Bowl’s biggest moment. Last year they were also great have up a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter of the NFC title game. 

They were good last year and even in 2020. It's an offensive slanted league. They are going to give up points. 

I'm not sure not being on the level of the 2015 broncos is really getting exposed lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

They were good last year and even in 2020. It's an offensive slanted league. They are going to give up points. 

I'm not sure being not being on the level of the 2015 broncos is really getting exposed lol

9ers defense is still the most complete defense in the NFL lol. They aren’t historically good, but they are the main reason they have won 11 straight. Seems like we are getting lost on narratives a bit here. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Any defense will struggle when the refs allow their best player to get held on every passing play

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

9ers defense is still the most complete defense in the NFL lol. They aren’t historically good, but they are the main reason they have won 11 straight. Seems like we are getting lost on narratives a bit here. 

Yeah, that was weird. I mean, they could easily give up 30 today and that wouldn't surprise me, but that happens. Last year the cowboys were the highest scoring team in the league and the niners defense nearly cut their average point total in half... Without Nick Bosa. You win some, you lose some