Browns to hire Jim Schwartz as DC

Trentwannabe

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Is Stefanski on the hot seat going into 2023? If so, adding Schwartz adds a nice interim HC option if needed as well. 

The answer here is, kind of.

I think it's playoffs or he's out this year. I think 2023 gave him essentially a free pass without Watson.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I was really hoping to get Flores and bring him him. I'm fine with Schwartz though.

Pretty much how I feel. Flores was my top choice of the guys we interviewed, but Schwartz was number two.

I think Flores might end up in Arizona as HC, or they just didn't want to wait for him to make a decision. Plus, even if Flores doesn't get a HC gig this year, he could very well get one in the near future. Schwartz, on the other hand, is less likely to get another HC gig so he could potentially be our DC for years to come.

10 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Is Stefanski on the hot seat going into 2023? If so, adding Schwartz adds a nice interim HC option if needed as well. 

I'd imagine so. I'd say it's playoffs or bust for Stefanski.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I know about his wide 9 front but what’s his coverage scheme look like? Man to man? Zone? I just hope he doesn’t run 10 yards off the line soft zone like joe woods did. 

Sorry to break it to you but he does play a lot of soft zone unless he learned something since his last stint.    With that being said I think he is pretty solid and usually has guys playing at a high level.