Divisional Round GDT: Cowboys @ 49ers - Keep it Rolling

D82

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

Is it even really worth being upset over? It was a good season. Back to back 12+ win games… Niners have just been a thorn in the side. Is what it is. I’m not going to be spoiled about it or upset in any way, really. Only one team will win it all… doesn’t mean you should outraged and irrationally upset when it doesn’t go your way. 

I definitely hesitate to overreact coming off consecutive playoff appearances for the first time since 06-07, and so will this front office. I feel like the vast majority of fans and media, particularly those who follow/cover other teams, currently speculating about McCarthy’s future and the possibility of Sean Payton have absolutely no idea it had been that long. For a team that gets as much pub as Dallas gets, that always feels like they’re in the mix or right on the cusp, it’s kind of an unbelievable statistic.

There’s just no ****ing way this team is giving up a first round pick for a new head coach. It’s insane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

There there child.there there...  

When you grow old you’ll realize being right doesn’t mean being happy. You see, with great knowledge comes great torment.

Study thy draft now son. But God forbid you study blue chip QBs. **** the Herberts, **** the Mahomes, ****s the Allens, and the Burrows! Keep catching lightning in a bottle with UDFAs and 4th round draft picks..

Blame the defense and sleep now. 

Enjoy your victory parade. You’ve earned your place on the throne. Like NYFDB, I’m happy, you’re happy. 

48 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Your glee is palpable.

It’s fine, good for you. The quarterback you’ve been trashing all season played a terrible game in his biggest spot. I’m happy for you. 

It’s the fact that he continually plays like trash in those spots, coupled with multiple games per season where he’s pure dog ish until late when he stat pads. Why is it so difficult to expect more out of a guy, especially when he accounts for almost 20% of the cap?

Edited by plan9misfit

49 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Letting Kirk go to Minnesota was a good  idea. Obviously we draft better than the WTFs but you don’t sign Dak to that deal you just don’t. And you cheered the deal. Most of you did. 

We’re in quarterback purgatory now you understand that right? We are stuck there’s nothing we can do.

I think the reason we’re stuck in purgatory is due to a horrific front office. Dak is limited as a thrower and we all know that. But this front office does not put him in the best position to succeed.

With how bad this organization is run, we need a blue chip QB (ala Burrow, Mahomes or Allen) to lift this franchise past the divisional round. 

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

I think the reason we’re stuck in purgatory is due to a horrific front office. Dak is limited as a thrower and we all know that. But this front office does not put him in the best position to succeed.

With how bad this organization is run, we need a blue chip QB (ala Burrow, Mahomes or Allen) to lift this franchise past the divisional round. 

If this team had any balls (it doesn’t), then it would strongly consider drafting a QB early, even via trade-up in the first round (it won’t). 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If this team had any balls (it doesn’t), then it would strongly consider drafting a QB early, even via trade-up in the first round (it won’t). 

There are several franchises that would give their left nut for a wildcard win. Trade Dak to the Jets for a HAUL like the Eagles keep doing with guys like Sam Bradford and Carson Wentz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I feel for the guy. He’s a gamer. He’s a try hard. He’s had a lot of adversity. But he’s not a Superbowl caliber QB UNLESS we build a juggernaut around him. His contract prevents that. So Wild Card games are your Super Bowl until he’s gone.

In many ways it’s you guys that get to take the victory lap. Your man is signed and coming back for years to come. 

I just don't agree with this sentiment....     NOT that I am saying Dak is even close to Mahomes level QB.  It also doesn't matter what I think because again when push came to shove in the most important game of the season we played the second half of a tied ballgame with out arguably two or our TOP five offensive players. (Lamb and yes Dak then Martin our the other top five) What I am saying is if we had Steele and Pollard in this game for the whole game I believe we win.  I also think we win if Diggs gets that interception but that is sour grapes as well and probably wishful thinking. 

It has been mentioned QB's Hubert and Allen as prime elite QB's in this paying 50 M debate... neither of these QB's AND their team did better then Dak and Dallas so I am a little confused about this.  I would also add Burrow struggled just as bad as Dak with out Chase this year.  We did not need to have spent Millions this year to have a team capable of reaching the super bowl and depending even winning it.  In fact a healthy Pollard and Healthy Steele and I would have us as fav's to make the superbowl.  I know, I know pipe dream but this is based on the "TEAMS" performance with those players. NOW again SF is a tough match up for us because their front 4 can hold their own and actually control our OL. They constantly played only 1 safety deep and trusted their front 4 to prevent us from having time to throw deep. This took away Schultz's effectiveness.  Meanwhile we seemed to be unable to figure out how to regularly cover Kittle and Deebo.   

Yes Dak was terrible this game being patient and not trying to force plays, the two interceptions being the primary example. But I also think our coaching staff failed to make the proper adjustments at half time to account for not having Pollard.  We had plenty of options to spread them out wide to give their LB's and Safety's true decisions to make in coverage. Think about all the big plays we got from Furgeson this year.  I liked what we did with Lamb to account for early down positive yards in stead of sticking with Zeke and runs, but they then became one dimensional seemingly forcing the plays to Lamb every time.  Now this might be on Dak who as Gallup really didn't perform even close to what he has shown in the past. I also didn't see us using Hilton hardly at all.  

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

Can someone tell me if the Buffalo Bills are a good football team? They lost by what… three scores today?

Seriously though, someone try answering this.

Do we think the Bills are a terrible team with no future because they fell short two years in a row? Is Josh Allen an overpaid bum based on today? 

The answer to those questions should be a resounding “no”. So let’s stop being ridiculous. Only one team out of 32 is winning it all… and only two are in the superbowl.

And yet when this team falls short we have a group of people acting like they’re super intelligent and rational by proclaiming “TOLD U SO”. Thing is it’s hard for any team to go all the way… you’re not exactly making any profound revelations. It shouldn’t be all or nothing with you people. The Niners have a better football team and they stopped Dallas from going all the way this year… but that shouldn’t correlate to the idea that this team is a hot mess with no future. This team won 12+ in back to back seasons… they’re doing something CLEARLY and obviously right — saying otherwise is outright dumb.

The double standards and all or nothing mentality with so many of you is straight up ridiculous. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

7 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Seriously though, someone try answering this.

Do we think the Bills are a terrible team with no future because they fell short two years in a row? Is Josh Allen an overpaid bum based on today? 

The answer to those questions should be a resounding “no”. So let’s stop being ridiculous. Only one team out of 32 is winning it all… and only two are in the superbowl.

And yet when this team falls short we have a group of people acting like they’re super intelligent and rational by proclaiming “TOLD U SO”. Thing is it’s hard for any team to go all the way… you’re not exactly making any profound revelations. It shouldn’t be all or nothing with you people. The Niners have a better football team and they stopped Dallas from going all the way this year… but that shouldn’t correlate to the idea that this team is a hot mess with no future. This team won 12+ in back to back seasons… they’re doing something CLEARLY and obviously right — saying otherwise is outright dumb.

The double standards and all or nothing mentality with so many of you is straight up ridiculous. 

The Bills got their butts whooped in that game- idk why, but stylistically they seem to have built their team to play track meets in a dome, not duke it out in the tundra. Cincy had 27 first downs not via penalty to just 18 for the Bills (Niners had us 18-14 here) and scored more on their first two possessions than our team did all day. It’s harder to specifically blame the QB when it’s not a close game at all.

The day Dak has a game in the playoffs like Josh Allen did in the divisional round last year is the day Slam, Plan, etc. eat some crow, at least for a day, even if we lose, and you take a chill pill and stop it with these rants. Dak and the offense wasted a pretty stellar defensive performance today against a team that had been averaging 34.8 PPG- which, oddly enough, is almost exactly what KC and Cincy have dropped on Buffalo these last two postseasons (34.5).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

The Bills got their butts whooped in that game- idk why, but stylistically they seem to have built their team to play track meets in a dome, not duke it out in the tundra. Cincy had 27 first downs not via penalty to just 18 for the Bills (Niners had us 18-14 here) and scored more on their first two possessions than our team did all day. It’s harder to specifically blame the QB when it’s not a close game at all.

The day Dak has a game in the playoffs like Josh Allen did in the divisional round last year is the day Slam, Plan, etc. eat some crow, at least for a day, even if we lose, and you take a chill pill and stop it with these rants. Dak and the offense wasted a pretty stellar defensive performance today against a team that had been averaging 34.8 PPG- which, oddly enough, is almost exactly what KC and Cincy have dropped on Buffalo these last two postseasons (34.5).

I’m not even ranting, really. I just find it ridiculous that it is necessary to have those parameters in order to have rational conversation.. which really in itself doesn’t lend itself to an opportunity for rational conversation regardless of the outcome. My overall point is that people ridiculously overreact and exaggerate the state of the football team and act like they’re intelligent opportunists because the team fell short in the playoffs to arguably the best/ hottest team in football. Mind you these are the same people that thought the entire season was over after week one… because that’s what they do. It’s like they just wait for the opportunity to be doomers and say ‘I told you so’ — coming out and opportunistically saying it after the team VASTLY overachieved vs their expectations and simply fell one score short of arguably the best team in football is lame and dumb.

It shouldn’t be so all or nothing when looking at the state of this football team.

Edited by NoFlyZone

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

Qft

How is it that all the hardcore Dak fans continue to blame the front office and being inept for their decisions yet basically applaud resigning Dak and happy we are paying him $40 million a year?

Maybe that was the inept decision. Maybe paying a QB that's in the 12 to 15 range as a top 5 QB was a mistake.

• Like 1

I don't post here often; in fact, it has been several years. I have however, been involved with this forum for many years (going back to 2004 ish). I only point that out to give you an idea of my history with reading these posts. 

For the supporters for Dak; it isnt just this game where he has crapped the bed. And it isnt just the interceptions that make him slightly above average; he misses A LOT of reads and wide open receivers. He just isnt talented enough to lead this team to a Superbowl, much less win one. I agree, we should have never signed him long term especially for that amount of money. 

Some on here have made mention that other fanbases don't blast their QBs like we do in Dallas - one of the comparisons was to Josh Allen. 

The difference is, Josh Allen has proven (at least in my opinion) that he has the skillset to come back in big games. That game in last year against KC is a prime example - they lost, but because the defense gave up stupid huge chunk plays. 

I think this year was the best chance to make a run - pretty sure we lose Dan Quinn who was paramount to this teams success imo. 

We are stuck with Dak for at least a few more years - I think this is probably as far as we go with him. He just isnt that dude.

• Like 1