Divisional Round GDT: Cowboys @ 49ers - Keep it Rolling

D82

8 minutes ago, NEXTGENCOWBOYS said:

We are stuck with Dak for at least a few more years - I think this is probably as far as we go with him. He just isnt that dude.

FWIW, this isn’t necessarily true. *If* they don’t touch Dak’s contract this offseason, they can bite the bullet and eat his $39.9M dead cap next year (likely spread over two years). That’s roughly what teams have been paying to dump Wentz, Ryan, Wilson.

Knowing our team though, we are most likely stuck with him.

I'm sorry but Dak just sucks. The word is out on him. Get pressure, jump routes.

He gets panicky, doesn't see the field, lacks poise, accuracy is an issue, and his delivery is slow.

You can get the best WRs in the game, won't matter, he is NOT capable of playing consistent winning football. He rattles.

Next question.

6 hours ago, CAPJ said:

How is it that all the hardcore Dak fans continue to blame the front office and being inept for their decisions yet basically applaud resigning Dak and happy we are paying him $40 million a year?

Maybe that was the inept decision. Maybe paying a QB that's in the 12 to 15 range as a top 5 QB was a mistake.

Oh wow. I am one of the few Dak supporters on this board who posts even closely to regular.  I feel Dak is a top 8 QB even after this game.  I disagree he is paid like top 5 will not be top 5 next year after two QB’s probably 3 get paid this off season or if we restructure his contract which is expected.    The comments about Bills resonate and should with everyone here.  Why is Allen give a pass.  Oh they got killed so obviously it’s the team that failed it wasn’t built right.  Just had a bad day. I mean come on did you see what he did last year   Dude the team lost and Dak had just a good game last week.  this isn’t suddenly me saying Dak is elite like Mahomes. But it is saying Dak is not the only or primary reason we did not win or reach the Super Bowl this year.  

I knew it was a mistake to come in to discuss why didn’t win.  Unable to score TD 1st goal in second half.   The dropped interception by Diggs. The failure to challenge the one first down call. Looked way short live never was shown a replay that actually showed if it was a first or not.  

sure it is easy to focus that yes the two interpretations were a huge reason why we lost the game. They were terrible throws that should never have been made.  Or that Moore and the coaches had to have done a better job adapting to loosing Pollard in the second half.  

44 minutes ago, quiller said:

Oh wow. I am one of the few Dak supporters on this board who posts even closely to regular.  I feel Dak is a top 8 QB even after this game.  I disagree he is paid like top 5 will not be top 5 next year after two QB’s probably 3 get paid this off season or if we restructure his contract which is expected.    The comments about Bills resonate and should with everyone here.  Why is Allen give a pass.  Oh they got killed so obviously it’s the team that failed it wasn’t built right.  Just had a bad day. I mean come on did you see what he did last year   Dude the team lost and Dak had just a good game last week.  this isn’t suddenly me saying Dak is elite like Mahomes. But it is saying Dak is not the only or primary reason we did not win or reach the Super Bowl this year.  

I knew it was a mistake to come in to discuss why didn’t win.  Unable to score TD 1st goal in second half.   The dropped interception by Diggs. The failure to challenge the one first down call. Looked way short live never was shown a replay that actually showed if it was a first or not.  

sure it is easy to focus that yes the two interpretations were a huge reason why we lost the game. They were terrible throws that should never have been made.  Or that Moore and the coaches had to have done a better job adapting to loosing Pollard in the second half.  

Please rank order your top 10 QBs.  I definitely see him outside of the top 10.

1 hour ago, quiller said:

There is nuance, but since he signed his contract, we are:

-1st in points scored   
-3rd in yards (behind KC and Buffalo)   
-T-2nd in wins (behind KC, tied with Buffalo)   
-First back-to-back playoffs since ‘06-07

Some folks have the belief that Dak is abject trash. That’s wrong. Others think his salary has hurt our ability to build out a better surrounding roster. That’s obviously true, but IMO, the results show that keeping your QB wasn’t that massive of a blunder (if at all) because it’s the most important position on the field and there are only about 10-15 competent ones in the world at any given moment.

I want a Super Bowl as much as anyone. Anything else is massively disappointing. Many on here have come to the conclusion that we’ll never be able to build a team around Dak that will be able to win one. It’s hard to blame them after last night, and it’s probably true, because 31 teams fail to win a Super Bowl every year.

Was it a mistake? Hard to know. I think there’s a very real world where Dak didn’t get signed and things got *much* worse. But Dak haters are taking a victory lap, and good for them. Dak deserves it for his terrible play last night.

Anyway, I’m sick in the head for not being able to quit this conversation. Seriously, send help.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There is nuance, but since he signed his contract, we are:

-1st in points scored   
-3rd in yards (behind KC and Buffalo)   
-T-2nd in wins (behind KC, tied with Buffalo)   
-First back-to-back playoffs since ‘06-07

Some folks have the belief that Dak is abject trash. That’s wrong. Others think his salary has hurt our ability to build out a better surrounding roster. That’s obviously true, but IMO, the results show that keeping your QB wasn’t that massive of a blunder (if at all) because it’s the most important position on the field and there are only about 10-15 competent ones in the world at any given moment.

I want a Super Bowl as much as anyone. Anything else is massively disappointing. Many on here have come to the conclusion that we’ll never be able to build a team around Dak that will be able to win one. It’s hard to blame them after last night, and it’s probably true, because 31 teams fail to win a Super Bowl every year.

Was it a mistake? Hard to know. I think there’s a very real world where Dak didn’t get signed and things got *much* worse. But Dak haters are taking a victory lap, and good for them. Dak deserves it for his terrible play last night.

Anyway, I’m sick in the head for not being able to quit this conversation. Seriously, send help.

I'm done arguing. For whatever reason (I think I know why, even though they'll deny it) these guys would rather deny that Dak is a top ten QB and ignore the faults that other top 10 QBs have. 

Rather than continuing to beat a dead horse, I've decided it's time to lessen the time committed to this place. Can spend that time and energy elsewhere in a much more constructive fashion. 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I'm done arguing. For whatever reason (I think I know why, even though they'll deny it) these guys would rather deny that Dak is a top ten QB and ignore the faults that other top 10 QBs have. 

Rather than continuing to beat a dead horse, I've decided it's time to lessen the time committed to this place. Can spend that time and energy elsewhere in a much more constructive fashion. 

Well ****, some can see this as, after last night's performance seeing Dak is equal to saying Biden is doing a helluva job.

You simply cannot defend him anymore.

What I'm seeing is some on here are defending Prescott with statistics and the idea that, without him we wouldn't even have made the playoffs, just look at the stats.

And you'd be correct. Problem is, to date, that is his ceiling. He can go no higher. He has had at least 3 opportunities and simply can't take advantage of the position he is in. Last night was the worst. He should be getting better as he ages, he's getting worse. He missed 5 games and STILL led the league in INTs!

So, back to my point. If you are comfortable debating Prescott as a top 10 QB based on stats and the idea that he can lead us into the playoffs, good for you. I'm ready for the gut who can take all of this talent, put them on his back and play at a level that raises their ability and puts us over the top.

Dak ain't that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

What I'm seeing is some on here are defending Prescott with statistics and the idea that, without him we wouldn't even have made the playoffs, just look at the stats.

And you'd be correct.

We went 4-1 without Dak, so that probably isn’t correct. 

3 hours ago, D82 said:

Go ahead and say it. 

6 hours ago, D82 said:

While youre taking time to be less committed, perhaps you could do some research on what makes a QB good.  This may help you evaluate what a top 10 QB is.  Here’s an example… if a QB leads the league in INTs despite missing 5 games, it’s kind of a sign that the QB is not top 10. When the back up QB has a much better winning percentage and did it against better teams… it’s a pretty good indicator that the QB really isn’t better than the backup.  This way, when you are ready to be committed again, perhaps you won’t be so offended when people evaluate Dak.

On 1/18/2023 at 12:22 PM, DaBoys said:

No he didn’t. I’m convinced we shut it down for that game. 3 play action passes and almost zero pre-snap movement. Idk why we even played our starters unless we were trying to put out bad film. Who knows. 

Dak looked elite on Monday though. His biggest problem has always been consistency. He doesn’t need to throw 5 TDs every game, but he can’t go from that performance to a 200 yard 1 TD 2 pick performance the very next week. We have seen that far to often unfortunately. 

Hilariously accurate to this past game.

QB who had the best season last year the top ten. in order!

mahomes

Burrow

Allen

Hurts

Jackson

Purdy

(tie)

Hurbert

Prescott

Lawrence

then probably Geno or Tua

And just to answer a little comment guess who lead NFL in interceptions last year    That would be The mvp of Super Bowl Stafford who was just as bad as Dak in throwing interceptions late  last year least we conveniently forget  

Dak had a terrible game against SF and did not play like we expect and need   BUT it wasn’t primarily interceptions it was his inability to make the plays in the second half to lead us to victory   I am talking about not missing those deep throws   Not saying you want interceptions but QB will throw intercceptoions at times trying to make things happen down field   Those two interceptions probably cost is 3 or max 6 points   In both cases a punt would most likely have filled both or in one case a long FG from a a kicker who was suspect    

if people want to say the intercepts cost is the game that is fine we lost by 7 and again that is 6 points.  But we had a chance to win and what in my mind cost us more was Dak not finding a way to score a TD when we had it first and goal Dak not completing that deep pass to Lamb. And what ever happened to the chemistry that Dak and Gallup used to have. Also Sak not finding Schultz and making positive plays down field line they regularly have. I would also say not having Pollard but then every one would say I am giving dak excuses for not winning the game for us like he should have and had shown in past could have