Are the Chiefs the bad guys? v3.0

notthatbluestuff

Travis Kelce is an obnoxious dbag and Mahomes is the NFL's Golden Boy with an annoying brother and wife. They have a lot of bandwagoners. They just won a SB via a controversial call that Mahomes whined for.

Yes, they are villains.

Edited by biggie.

17 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Travis Kelce is an obnoxious dbag and Mahomes is the NFL's Golden Boy with an annoying brother and wife. They have a lot of bandwagoners. They just won a SB via a controversial call that Mahomes whined for.

Yes, they are villains.

Whined for? You mean pointed out that there was a hold? Yeah, like every player in the NFL doesn't appeal for calls. I'm sure Brady would never have done such a thing.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

They are moving in that direction, especially with all of ther "no one believed in us" and "no one even thought we'd make the playoffs" nonsense.

You realize that the "us against the world" stuff is as old time right? All it takes is for a handful of talking heads to say something and it becomes blackboard material.

The Bengals used the same card just this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Whined for? You mean pointed out that there was a hold? Yeah, like every player in the NFL doesn't appeal for calls. I'm sure Brady would never have done such a thing.

If Mahomes and Brady swapped places last Sunday we'd never hear the end of how Brady demanded the flag to be thrown.

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

Yes, they are villains.

You're a Patriots fan crying about another team getting calls...pretty remarkable. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

They just won a SB via a controversial call that Mahomes whined for.

17 minutes ago, biggie. said:

If Mahomes and Brady swapped places last Sunday we'd never hear the end of how Brady demanded the flag to be thrown.

You're doing the same thing that you're criticizing others for doing. I think there's a word for that.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

You realize that the "us against the world" stuff is as old time right? All it takes is for a handful of talking heads to say something and it becomes blackboard material.

The Bengals used the same card just this year. 

You realize he claimed no one believed KC would make the playoffs while the Chiefs had either the highest or second highest Super Bowl odds all season, right?  So either he doesn't understand what the words "no one" mean or he's just being stupid.

The bengals were panned all last year, and when they started 0-2, the voices got louder.  But we aren't talking about the Bengals here

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Is that the same Bart Scott who claimed Joe Burrow got the red dot from the ravens defense and was in jeopardy, only to see Joe throw for almost 600 yards in their next meeting?  And Bart Scott isn't "everybody".  So yes it is nonsense.

Was this all non-sense?

https://www.nfl.com/news/bengals-continue-to-prove-doubters-wrong-chase-reader-boyd-bills

All teams use bulletin board material, because all teams will have doubters in a sports media that's built around hot and controversial takes. You don't have enough to talk about if everyone just agrees the good teams are good, so someone on these panel sports shows has to be the "The Chiefs will come in last in the AFC West" or the "Josh Allen is an inconsistent mess" or the "Jalen Hurts is a system QB" guy. Just about anyone sensible, even if they picked the Eagles, thought the Chiefs were a good team with a chance. But the same was true of the Bengals against the Bills. And I'm sure I could find a dozen other good teams over the years with similar quotes despite being widely recognized as a good team.

It's motivation for the locker room. It's silly for anyone else. But who cares?

I mean hell, have you ever listened to Tom Brady?

https://www.nfl.com/news/tom-brady-still-motivated-by-doubters-even-after-seven-super-bowl-wins

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

You realize he claimed no one believed KC would make the playoffs while the Chiefs had either the highest or second highest Super Bowl odds all season, right?  So either he doesn't understand what the words "no one" mean or he's just being stupid.

The bengals were panned all last year, and when they started 0-2, the voices got louder.  But we aren't talking about the Bengals here

You seem angry about this for some reason. Of course he doesn't mean "no one". He's exaggerating.

Edited by Chiefs_5627

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Was this all non-sense?

https://www.nfl.com/news/bengals-continue-to-prove-doubters-wrong-chase-reader-boyd-bills

All teams use bulletin board material, because all teams will have doubters in a sports media that's built around hot and controversial takes. You don't have enough to talk about if everyone just agrees the good teams are good, so someone on these panel sports shows has to be the "The Chiefs will come in last in the AFC West" or the "Josh Allen is an inconsistent mess" or the "Jalen Hurts is a system QB" guy. Just about anyone sensible, even if they picked the Eagles, thought the Chiefs were a good team with a chance. But the same was true of the Bengals against the Bills. And I'm sure I could find a dozen other good teams over the years with similar quotes despite being widely recognized as a good team.

It's motivation for the locker room. It's silly for anyone else. But who cares?

I mean hell, have you ever listened to Tom Brady?

https://www.nfl.com/news/tom-brady-still-motivated-by-doubters-even-after-seven-super-bowl-wins

I've heard it all.  Seen social media since the parade?  All kinds of tweets clapping back at his statement.  Yeah, I've seen Brady do it.  Everyone does it.

But since the concept seems to be lost on Chiefs fans here, comments are helping push the "villain" label, which the last time I checked, was the topic of this thread.  Apparently, I'm not allowed to have an opinion.

Britney and Jackson mahomes help drive that narrative too.  Shall we debate this as well?   

47 minutes ago, RedGold said:

People still pay attention to Britney and Jackson?    I started ignoring/blocking that stuff years ago.    Has nothing to do with Mahomes or the Chiefs. 

Direc tly?  Absolutely not.  But "being the villains" has nothing to do with the Chiefs directly either.   It's just a narrative that some people push.

• Like 1