Conference Championship Round: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Do the upstairs guys have different angles than whats on TV? 

The TV angles before the snap weren't conclusive 

Again, you're making that call based on the importance of the play and at least a somewhat questionable play . It's okay to do that 

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Do the upstairs guys have different angles than whats on TV? 

The TV angles before the snap weren't conclusive 

Sometimes when it's a clear drop the upstairs guys buzz down and inform the on field officials that it was a drop and it gets overturned without a review.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

You can throw it based on the importance of the play. The risk is probably worth the reward in that situation 

I dont like throwing a challenge flag early in the 1st quarter without knowing before you throw it that you win for a fact.  It leaves you will only 1 challenge later.  Yes Shanny would have won but that is hindsight.  Do you want the chance to fix only 1 ref mistake?

Just now, Forge said:

Again, you're making that call based on the importance of the play. It's okay to do that 

Its the first 5 minutes of the game with inconclusive replays. 

If he lost, he would be getting roasted for having 55 minutes of gametime with 1 challenge

I see it both ways. I personally wouldnt have challenged based on what i knew in those 15 seconds

Just now, burlow said:

I dont like throwing a challenge flag early in the 1st quarter without knowing before you throw it that you win for a fact.  It leaves you will only 1 challenge later.  Yes Shanny would have won but that is hindsight.  Do you want the chance to fix only 1 ref mistake?

On a fourth down where they get into the redzone? Yeah i would want him to throw it. Or at the very least burn a time-out so your guys can look.

Just now, burlow said:

Based on how big that play was? I'm okay with only having one more shot at it. 

how many games do you believe that teams use both challenges? 

3 minutes ago, burlow said:

On 4th down, that big a gain, it's worth challenging on this angle alone. You can tell the ball is clearly going to the turf

Throw the flag and see the rest of the angles

Edited by adamq