Conference Championship Round: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, 49ersfan said:

We're not winning this game, but you'd think we would have a little more urgency here

It's ok b/c out of the last 6 postseason defeats this one is the easiest to swallow b/c they didn't tease us that they'd win as it was over right from the get go. I'd take this kind of loss over last years any day. 

I'm already on to 2023 and hopefully they get the #1 seed and get through and then the only thing standing in the way of a SB win is a 3 headed monster out of the AFC in the form of the Chiefs/Bills/Bengals. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think there's a really good chance it is Brady 

Yeah that door has swung wide open now. Same with Trey Lance.

I feel like the magic carpet ride that was Purdy has come to an end. Sucks for him, but he'll probably be seen as replaceable heading into the offseason. Crazy how a missed Kroft blocked changed everything. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

We're not winning this game, but you'd think we would have a little more urgency here

Urgency to just finish the game you mean right? It’s working, we are just running the ball and punting. This game has been over as soon as Purdy got hurt. Johnson wasn’t remotely ready to come in for us and it showed. 

4 qbs injured in one season, has that ever happened? This is insane! 

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Shanahan needs to figure something out in the offseason with his QB situation. At some point the HC needs to shoulder the blame for going this deep into his QB depth chart for multiple seasons. 

Huh?

What exactly is he supposed to do? 3 championship games in 4 years. You guys talking like his job is in jeopardy are crazy.

• Like 1

Just now, StevenK said:

Urgency to just finish the game you mean right? It’s working, we are just running the ball and punting. This game has been over as soon as Purdy got hurt. Johnson wasn’t remotely ready to come in for us and it showed. 

4 qbs injured in one season, has that ever happened? This is insane! 

yeah, but usually teams like that are 4-12

It's pretty crazy, and unfortunate, and dammit, why couldn't JJ prepare like a pro.  He didn't have to be a hero, just hand the ball off, get the play in, take the snap, etc.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think there's a really good chance it is Brady 

Finally came around? I've been pulling for him for months

Purdy has been a good story, but i don't think he's ready to be the unquestioned starter. Very high end backup/fringe starter

Lance? Man had a finger, knee, and ankle injury over 2 seasons despite only playing in 13 quarters of professional football. No chance the Niners rely on him