Conference Championship Round: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ryans may take Ward with him in Houston. 

Womack needs to take the next step but I expect him to be just fine in the nickel. 

Yea, not worried about the nickel honestly. 

It's@FS where we need to find the right guy to keep this defense where it is. 

Gipson is not the answer imo. His best days are behind him.

Don't know why or how Moore fell out of the loop with this current staff but he was looking like a guy who could make some noise there before his Achilles injury. He knows this scheme and is young enough to still have untapped potential. Would like to see us bring him back and see if he could take his game up a notch or two, two years removed from that injury.

Edited by 757-NINER

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/29/report-49ers-believe-brock-purdy-injured-his-ulnar-collateral-ligament/

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the team believes that Purdy, who returned to the game but clearly couldn’t throw, injured his ulnar collateral ligament. The MRI will show whether or not the UCL is ruptured and a negative result would lead to a six-week recovery period for Purdy. A rupture would lead to a longer timeline, but it’s not clear exactly how long.

UCL tears are common for baseball pitchers and they are typically repaired with what’s known as Tommy John surgery. That carries a lengthy recovery time, but the outlook isn’t the same for quarterbacks because of the differences in throwing motions.

The results of the MRI will have some impact on what the 49ers do at quarterback this offseason, so there will be a lot of eyes on the test results in San Francisco on Monday.

16 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Wow, a Tommy John surgery would be terrible and impact his future in a big way. It also increases the chances of the team signing Brady IMO.

I think the ideal situation is still letting Lance/Purdy battle it out in the offseason. Have a cheap QB room and continue stacking up around them. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wow, a Tommy John surgery would be terrible and impact his future in a big way. It also increases the chances of the team signing Brady IMO.

I think the ideal situation is still letting Lance/Purdy battle it out in the offseason. Have a cheap QB room and continue stacking up around them. 

The good news is that TJS is fairly rare for QBs because of the way it's moved. 

The bad news is that if he has tjs, he's probably out two years and his career has a good shot at being over

Hindsight is 2020 but it was a pretty big mistake to not have a QB on the PS and to keep Jimmy on the 53. 

I also think it was a huge mistake to play Purdy in any capacity after josh got hurt. If you aren't going to pass the ball with him, play juice, CMC, or jauan at QB. Someone who can actually throw. 

Johnson getting hurt in the third quarter really hurt because the halftime adjustments on offense basically went out the window. 

If that would have happened before the half, at least Kyle could have come up with a backup plan of some sort. 

UCL for Purdy was exactly what I thought it was right when it happened. It's the same way Josh Allen hurt his UCL earlier in the year. 

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

Hindsight is 2020 but it was a pretty big mistake to not have a QB on the PS and to keep Jimmy on the 53. 

I don't know why (or when) they cut Eason from the PS. Not that they would have activated him for this anyway, so kind of irrelevant. But not sure Jimmy being kept on the 53 had any bearing on it

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

I also think it was a huge mistake to play Purdy in any capacity after josh got hurt. If you aren't going to pass the ball with him, play juice, CMC, or jauan at QB. Someone who can actually throw. 

Johnson getting hurt in the third quarter really hurt because the halftime adjustments on offense basically went out the window. 

If that would have happened before the half, at least Kyle could have come up with a backup plan of some sort. 

UCL for Purdy was exactly what I thought it was right when it happened. It's the same way Josh Allen hurt his UCL earlier in the year. 

CMC would have been my call at QB. That dude has a nice arm and you could have run those RPO's with easily with Deebo or Coleman. There was no good option after Johnson got hurt but I'd have much preferred that over Purdy just handing it over every time or throwing the occasional screen pass.

What the hell? Lol.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

CMC would have been my call at QB. That dude has a nice arm and you could have run those RPO's with easily with Deebo or Coleman. There was no good option after Johnson got hurt but I'd have much preferred that over Purdy just handing it over every time or throwing the occasional screen pass.

What the hell? Lol.

I haven’t spent much time looking and won't because there is no point in it. Let people believe whatever they want to. It's a bad take with lots more to come.

a nightmarish disappointing end to a special season. I point no fingers and assign no blame. It just all went wrong today. 

That said... The officiating in both games today was horrendous. 

49ers and Bengals got flagged for anything and everything while the Chiefs and Eagles got to play completely unchecked. 

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

a nightmarish disappointing end to a special season. I point no fingers and assign no blame. It just all went wrong today. 

That said... The officiating in both games today was horrendous. 

49ers and Bengals got flagged for anything and everything while the Chiefs and Eagles got to play completely unchecked. 

How was lunch? You left in the first quarter right? :)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

I have no opinions on this game. The margin for any difference was thin, going to Josh Johnson, with how bad he was, ended it. I’m not easing any angry or blame. Great year from the team and staff, but it was truly out of our control.

I hope the FO learns you cannot neglect the line at the cost of RBs and 5th string corners 

• Like 3