2022 NFC Championship: 49ers vs. Eagles

DigInBoys

Who will win the NFC Championship?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NFC Championship?

• 49ers
    • Eagles
    • Toss Up

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Big **** Brock gonna shock the world Sunday. Feel like every Non 49er fan has their money on the Eagles... this is like totally evenly matched 50/50 game IMO. I think the 49ers will do enough to win and have a more talented team (sightly). But overall, I haven't looked this forward to an NFC Championship ever. And I've been watching football since 1997. And the last time the NFC Championship was between teams this good on paper were probably Dallas/San Francisco in both 1993 and 1994. 

Linebacker is probably the only position the 49ers are clearly better than the eagles. Eagles are clearly better at a lot of other spots. (QB,OL, DL, Corner) So what makes you think the 49ers are slightly better?

10 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm sorry but AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith are worlds better than a Deebo/Aiyuk combo. Can't believe this is even close to a thing lmao

I said pass catchers but if you think Brown/Smith/Goedert are worlds better than Deebo/Aiyuk/Kittle, then...............

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Linebacker is probably the only position the 49ers are clearly better than the eagles. Eagles are clearly better at a lot of other spots. (QB,OL, DL, Corner) So what makes you think the 49ers are slightly better?

The problem when you do these comparisons position by position....If the Eagles are better everywhere defensively minus LBs, then why was the 49ers defense better? How is that possible? 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

The problem when you do these comparisons by position by position....If the Eagles are better everywhere defensively minus LBs, then why was the 49ers defense better? How is that possible? 

The eagles have the second best defense in the NFL. You could argue our defense is better. We led the league in sacks and gave up the fewest passing yards.

25 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm sorry but AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith are worlds better than a Deebo/Aiyuk combo. Can't believe this is even close to a thing lmao

Deebo/Brown are completely different types of receivers, both are just as dangerous though

https://stathead.com/tiny/5NZDh

Aiyuk is every bit as good a player as Smith is

https://stathead.com/tiny/xq6G1

Per game stats are incredibly close for both pairs when you factor in deebos rushing

Also laugh if you want, but Jauan Jennings will be a factor in this game, especially on 3rd downs.  Can Watkins do anything but run fast in a straight line?

Edited by adamq

Just now, ninjapirate said:

The eagles have the second best defense in the NFL. You could argue our defense is better. We led the league in sacks and gave up the fewest passing yards.

Okay, even if you argue they are better, you would say it is very close, correct? But when you do it position by position, the Eagles have the clear edge. The Eagles had the most sacks and allowed the least amount of passing yards, correct...The 49ers created more TOs, allowed slightly less total yards per game, allowed less PPG and were ranked #1 in terms of DVOA. 

So what makes the 49ers on the level of the Eagles defense, if not better if they are at an disadvantage at the DL and corners? 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I said pass catchers but if you think Brown/Smith/Goedert are worlds better than Deebo/Aiyuk/Kittle, then...............

Oh I absolutely think our pass catchers are better. Now if you include running backs sure you guys might win the argument, but just WRs and TEs? Give me the Eagles all day and I don’t think it’s particularly close. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

There were a few others shows and hosts that had similar opinions. But none more pronounced than his. So disrespectful SMH.

Though I'm curious as to your impression of a position by position breakdown.

QB: Eagles
RB: 9ers (Small Edge)
FB: 9ers (by default)
WR: Eagles (Small Edge)
TE: Push (I feel Goedert is really underrated)
LT: 9ers
LG: Eagles
😄 Eagles
RG: Eagles
RT: Eagles

Defense is a bit difficult with the way Gannon plays so many hybrid types.

EDGE: Push (Bosa clearly #1, but Graham and Sweat both ahead of whoever is opposite Bosa)
DT: 9ers
SLB: Eagles
MLB: 9ers (TJ Edwards arguably had a top 5 season, but he's no Fred Warner)
WLB: 9ers
CB: Eagles
S: 9ers (CGJ is the real deal, but kinda similar to what I said about MLB)

RB: Niners(Props to Sanders for having a breakout year and he might very well be a better pure rusher than CMC this year, but add in CMC's receiving ability and then Elijah Mitchell vs Gainwell/Scott this becomes pretty clear in my opinion)
FB: Niners
WR: Eagles(AJ Brown over Deebo is the difference maker here, though I think Aiyuk/Jauan and Devonta/Quez is a wash)
TE: Niners(Goedert and Kittle are comparable in the passing game but Kittle has the clear advantage in blocking)
OL: Eagles(though Niners have the advantage when protecting their QB's blind side)

EDGE: Eagles(counting Reddick as such, Bosa is the best here but the gap between him and Reddick is much less than Sweat and Ebukam/Omenihu
DT: Eagles
LB: Niners
CB: Eagles(I think Lenoir has been stepping it up so far this postseason and hopefully can snag his third pick in a row tomorrow, but Eagles clearly have the advantage here, even more so with Maddox's return)
S: Niners(I don't think Hufanga should be First Team All-Pro and this is pretty close, but I'd give him and Gipson the narrow edge here)

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Oh I absolutely think our pass catchers are better. Now if you include running backs sure you guys might win the argument, but just WRs and TEs? Give me the Eagles all day and I don’t think it’s particularly close. 

Cool, you guys can have the MUCH BETTER pass catches. Not really interested in arguing this any further. 

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

and I don’t think it’s particularly close. 

I just edited my above post, but statistically it most definitely is.

And all this position v position talk is pretty meaningless to me. When exactly are the Philly RBs going to line up against the 49ers RBs again? Pretty sure the DLs aren't on the field at the same time, either

3 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

TE: Niners(Goedert and Kittle are comparable in the passing game but Kittle has the clear advantage in blocking)

Dallas Goedert has a an 80+ Blocking grade from PFF every single year, so I'm not so sure about that honestly.

2 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

RB: Niners(Props to Sanders for having a breakout year and he might very well be a better pure rusher than CMC this year, but add in CMC's receiving ability and then Elijah Mitchell vs Gainwell/Scott this becomes pretty clear in my opinion)
FB: Niners
WR: Eagles(AJ Brown over Deebo is the difference maker here, though I think Aiyuk/Jauan and Devonta/Quez is a wash)
OL: Eagles(though Niners have the advantage when protecting their QB's blind side)

EDGE: Eagles(counting Reddick as such, Bosa is the best here but the gap between him and Reddick is much less than Sweat and Ebukam/Omenihu
DT: Eagles
LB: Niners
CB: Eagles(I think Lenoir has been stepping it up so far this postseason and hopefully can snag his third pick in a row tomorrow, but Eagles clearly have the advantage here, even more so with Maddox's return)
S: Niners(I don't think Hufanga should be First Team All-Pro and this is pretty close, but I'd give him and Gipson the narrow edge here)

Goedert is a very good blocker if Kittle is the best blocking tight end. Goedert is the second best.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Cool, you guys can have the MUCH BETTER pass catches. Not really interested in arguing this any further. 

Funny that you make a claim, get pushback on said claim, go onto put words in my mouth saying I said something I didn’t, then say you aren’t interested in arguing about it. 

Kinda weird man. I never said they were MUCH better. I do think Brown and Devonta are better than Deebo/Aiyuk. That doesn’t mean your guys aren’t also really good, I just think ours are better. If i am wrong so be it.  I see Kittle and Goedert as a push essentially. Pretty similar players overall. 

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

5 minutes ago, adamq said:

I just edited my above post, but statistically it most definitely is.

And all this position v position talk is pretty meaningless to me. When exactly are the Philly RBs going to line up against the 49ers RBs again? Pretty sure the DLs aren't on the field at the same time, either

I mean I agree position vs position is meaningless. I was just responding to a post I saw. Idk why would compare career numbers instead of just comparing what they did this year. Brown clearly had a better year than Deebo. Smith clearly had a better year than Aiyuk. It really isn’t up for debate.