2022 NFC Championship: 49ers vs. Eagles

DigInBoys

Who will win the NFC Championship?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NFC Championship?

• 49ers
    • Eagles
    • Toss Up

25 minutes ago, Danger said:

It always feels nice to be right about a gem like I was with Blankenship. routinely took him in the 5th round on mocks.

I really liked him back in 2019, but then he kinda had a down year for the 2020 season when I was expecting him to come out. Then he stayed a 5th year in 2021 cause of the extra eligibility and I didn’t really hear much about him. Glad he fell through the cracks and signed with us.

Big **** Brock gonna shock the world Sunday. Feel like every Non 49er fan has their money on the Eagles... this is like totally evenly matched 50/50 game IMO. I think the 49ers will do enough to win and have a more talented team (sightly). But overall, I haven't looked this forward to an NFC Championship ever. And I've been watching football since 1997. And the last time the NFC Championship was between teams this good on paper were probably Dallas/San Francisco in both 1993 and 1994. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Big **** Brock gonna shock the world Sunday. Feel like every Non 49er fan has their money on the Eagles... this is like totally evenly matched 50/50 game IMO. I think the 49ers will do enough to win and have a more talented team (sightly). But overall, I haven't looked this forward to an NFC Championship ever. And I've been watching football since 1997. And the last time the NFC Championship was between teams this good on paper were probably Dallas/San Francisco in both 1993 and 1994. 

It's a great one for sure. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

It feels like everyone in media is picking the 9ers and completely overlooking philly

4 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I’ve only looked at The Athletic where 6/6 “experts” picked Philly.

I've been watching clips from various sports channels that are posted to YouTube, and they also basically go "49ers are better everywhere except QB so I think they win"

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Basically you have been watching a lot of Nick Wright 😂.

There were a few others shows and hosts that had similar opinions. But none more pronounced than his. So disrespectful SMH.

Though I'm curious as to your impression of a position by position breakdown.

QB: Eagles
RB: 9ers (Small Edge)
FB: 9ers (by default)
WR: Eagles (Small Edge)
TE: Push (I feel Goedert is really underrated)
LT: 9ers
LG: Eagles
C: Eagles
RG: Eagles
RT: Eagles

Defense is a bit difficult with the way Gannon plays so many hybrid types.

EDGE: Push (Bosa clearly #1, but Graham and Sweat both ahead of whoever is opposite Bosa)
DT: 9ers
SLB: Eagles
MLB: 9ers (TJ Edwards arguably had a top 5 season, but he's no Fred Warner)
WLB: 9ers
CB: Eagles
S: 9ers (CGJ is the real deal, but kinda similar to what I said about MLB)

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

There were a few others shows and hosts that had similar opinions. But none more pronounced than his. So disrespectful SMH.

Though I'm curious as to your impression of a position by position breakdown.

QB: Eagles
RB: 9ers (Small Edge)
FB: 9ers (by default)
WR: Eagles (Small Edge)
TE: Push (I feel Goedert is really underrated)
LT: 9ers
LG: Eagles
😄 Eagles
RG: Eagles
RT: Eagles

Defense is a bit difficult with the way Gannon plays so many hybrid types.

EDGE: Push (Bosa clearly #1, but Graham and Sweat both ahead of whoever is opposite Bosa)
DT: 9ers
SLB: Eagles
MLB: 9ers (TJ Edwards arguably had a top 5 season, but he's no Fred Warner)
WLB: 9ers
CB: Eagles
S: 9ers (CGJ is the real deal, but kinda similar to what I said about MLB)

Looks good. The Niners definitely don't have an advantage everywhere aside from QB, that was just a stupid statement by Nick.

I'm not sure if I am giving the Niners the edge at DT. How? Hargraves is a different level of pass rusher from the interior that we do not have. Armstead is very good but the Eagles have better depth and are just better there. The Niners edge minus Bosa leaves a lot to be desired. I'd give the edge to the Eagles there as well. 

Since it is not an apples to apples comparison, I'd have it this way and count Reddick as an edge player:

Edge - Eagles

Interior - Eagles 

LBs - 49ers

NB - Push or slight edge to 49ers (Maddox is very good but Ward is one of the best overall DBs in the game and has been awesome in the slot after a slow start)

Outside CBs - Eagles, though Ward was very good and pretty much on the level of Slay/Bradberry. Lenoir, is not on the level of the other three though.

Safeties - CGJ is the best of the bunch but the Niners two safeties have nice chemistry. You can say push or slight edge to 49ers.

Offensively:

QB - Eagles

RBs - Close but CMC's ability as a pass catcher is unmatched. And I'll count Juice here since the Eagle since the Eagles do not utilize one.

Pass catchers - Push, I'll count Goedert and Kittle here. Different type of pass catchers and the Eagles may have better pure receivers, but that's not how the Niners pass catchers operate. There is no big advantage one way or the other here. 

OL- Eagles, and it's not all that close. Trent is unbelievable and the best all around tackle in the game and a future HOFer. But the Eagles are great all around while the Niners interior OL is far from consistent or proven and McGlinchey can be had, especially by power rushers. 

That's how I see it but it is clear both teams are just super talented and this game can go either way. Even both coaching staffs are very strong. One advantage the Niners have and it may no matter is that they have more experience. The Eagles have some players from the 2017 team but the Niners have a bunch of players that were on the team last season or even from 2019. 

Should be a hell of a game! I'm just banking on the Niners being such a great 2nd half team and being a mentally tough ball club to get it done at the end. 

• Like 1