2022 NFC Championship: 49ers vs. Eagles

DigInBoys

Who will win the NFC Championship?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NFC Championship?

• 49ers
    • Eagles
    • Toss Up

40 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Pretty big chasm between best defense in the NFL & Big 12 defense.

Yeah, but you know...Jalen Hurts is HIM, and the 49ers against running QBs have gotten gashed. Might be like Jared Stidham a few weeks ago, but worse. 

Would be a fun game if it all came down to a shootout though. America would win, even though I think a defensive showdown is better for the league. 

• Like 1

Kyle got everything he needs EXCEPT for the QB. The funny thing is that he still can win a title IF he don’t choke. He choked as the OC when he had the MVP QB up 28-3 in the Superbowl. He choked when he had a 10pt lead in the 4th quarter of the Superbowl. He choked with a 10pt lead in the 4th quarter in the NFCCG. Technically he is part of two of the biggest comebacks in NFL history when we talk about the Superbowl and the NFCCG.

If I was a Niners fan I’d be confident he can lead them to the title game but can’t be confident he will finish the job. Now I have the Niners winning but am I confident? Heck no. The Eagles are at home, have the offense and a defense that will get after Purdy in a way to overwhelm him. Then in the offseason maybe just MAYBE Kyle can come to the realization like McVay did and say they can’t win a title with Jimmy G, Purdy, and apparently Lance and need to go get ARod, Lamar, or Brady. I know it won’t happen bc Kyle isn’t wired like that but the only thing that’s missing is a QB for the Niners to make the the overall overwhelming favs to win the Superbowl. So these next two games will be interesting to see if Kyle can finally get over the hump and win and not choke and fall short AGAIN.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

No one is stopping the Bengals this year. I've become convinced. 

I still have the eagles, I think. The fact that they have the best offensive line and the best pass rush just puts them all the top for me. Mahomes is great working around pressure, so maybe he's the guy that doesn't have to sweat it as much, but games are won in the trenches and the eagles can win both sides

• Like 1

I feel like this game being in Philly gives me a lot more confidence. I know the Niners are 8-0, but only 2 of those games were on the road. The first game was the Seattle game they won 21-13, but I’m pretty sure they got some bounces to go their way like before the end of the half Diggs (a different one) dropped the INT right in the hands and then they got a fumble by Travis Homer in like the next minute. The second game they won on the road was the overtime game with the Raiders. I don’t think there will be as much Niners’ red in the crowd Sunday as there was for that Raiders game. I feel like they are gonna have to take the crowd out of it early whether it be by stops defensively or sustaining a long drive. Should be interesting to see how Brock responds.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I feel like this game being in Philly gives me a lot more confidence. I know the Niners are 8-0, but only 2 of those games were on the road. The first game was the Seattle game they won 21-13, but I’m pretty sure they got some bounces to go their way like before the end of the half Diggs (a different one) dropped the INT right in the hands and then they got a fumble by Travis Homer in like the next minute. The second game they won on the road was the overtime game with the Raiders. I don’t think there will be as much Niners’ red in the crowd Sunday as there was for that Raiders game. I feel like they are gonna have to take the crowd out of it early whether it be by stops defensively or sustaining a long drive. Should be interesting to see how Brock responds.

The Raiders game was essentially a home game for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We actually had a few bounces go against us that game. Talanoa Hufanga forced a fumble on Geno Smith in Seahawk territory; the Seahawks recovered. We had a pick 6 taken back from a questionable RTP call on Bosa. Robbie Gould missed a 45 yard or so FG. And we got down to the 2 yard line at the end of the game only to kneel on downs. It should have been a blowout; the Seahawks got relatively got lucky that game

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

We actually had a few bounces go against us that game. Talanoa Hufanga forced a fumble on Geno Smith in Seahawk territory; the Seahawks recovered. We had a pick 6 taken back from a questionable RTP call on Bosa. Robbie Gould missed a 45 yard or so FG. And we got down to the 2 yard line at the end of the game only to kneel on downs. It should have been a blowout; the Seahawks got relatively got lucky that game

Okaay Ok GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

I don't care where the game is, the Niners have shown they can win playoff road games.

Philly lost to the lowly Commanders with barely 3YPC from their running backs & Heinicke with a 66.9 (nice) QBRating.. follow their lead and run the ball a million times to eat the clock.  trust the defense to get 3 and outs plus a turnover or two.

Hurts put the ball on the ground 18 times in his first 2 years, what did he change this season? Zero fumbles so far

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, adamq said:

I don't care where the game is, the Niners have shown they can win playoff road games.

Philly lost to the lowly Commanders with barely 3YPC from their running backs & Heinicke with a 66.9 (nice) QBRating.. follow their lead and run the ball a million times to eat the clock.  trust the defense to get 3 and outs plus a turnover or two.

Hurts put the ball on the ground 18 times in his first 2 years, what did he change this season? Zero fumbles so far

Who plays D line for Eagles this week that didn't vs Washington? How many fumbles did Eagles have that game? 

33 minutes ago, adamq said:

AND?

Y'all lost to the Bears and the Broncos LOL