2022 NFC Championship: 49ers vs. Eagles

DigInBoys

Who will win the NFC Championship?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NFC Championship?

• 49ers
    • Eagles
    • Toss Up

The two most talented rosters in football going head to head for a spot in the Super Bowl. Should be an absolute blast. I don't think there is a lot that separates these two teams all in all. The Niners defense is better, but the Eagles offense with Hurts at the helm is a problem for just about anyone. I don't see the Niners winning this game with 17 points.

Smash mouth, physical January football is what we love about this game. We should get that in spades this weekend.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Did they really give the game away? The Niners dominated the 2nd half. Dak's INT's led to six points while the Niners fumbled punt led to three points. Granted, the 2nd Dak pick was at least a 6 point turnaround but I don't think you can say they gave the game away. It was a tough, close and competitive game with the Niners playing better in the 2nd half on both offense and defense. The Niners also dropped a pick six. I don't think anyone after the game left with the thoughts that Dallas was the better ball club. 

The Niners are definitely the better team. What I meant by that is if you told me before the game that the defense for both teams would ball out and that it would come down to whichever QB played better, you'd think the Cowboys would win. It wasn't just Dak that was playing a great defense. Brock was playing the defense that we saw earlier in the year that looked elite. Dak shouldn't have been the one that looked like a 7th round rookie. I know he's had an up and down season but his accuracy and decision-making yesterday were next level bad.

Edited by Art_Vandalay

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

49ers just faced their biggest test and passed. Hard to see them losing this game. Defense is just too good and the offense does enough to score points and make big plays.

You're just going to discount the fact that the Eagles won the division of the team that just was supposedly their "biggest test" a team that is infamous for choking and flopping for most our lifetimes?

Ok. Man I thought us Eagles fans and Ravens fans would be there for eachother with Lamar and Jalen. LOL

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

You're just going to discount the fact that the Eagles won the division of the team that just was supposedly their "biggest test" a team that is infamous for choking and flopping for most our lifetimes?

Ok. Man I thought us Eagles fans and Ravens fans would be there for eachother with Lamar and Jalen. LOL

I view the Cowboys offense (at least the past 4 weeks of the regular season) as better than PHI, and their defenses about equal in terms of what they do well, but PHI's secondary is much better.

Still rooting for the niners simply because the girl I'm seeing is a niners fan

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I view the Cowboys offense (at least the past 4 weeks of the regular season) as better than PHI, and their defenses about equal in terms of what they do well, but PHI's secondary is much better.

Still rooting for the niners simply because the girl I'm seeing is a niners fan

The Dallas offense is Jekyll and Hyde. Some weeks they were just absolutely stupifyingly horrendous. Yesterday definitely seemed like one of the classic flop games where they just becoming suddenly inept. Dak and that offense are just not consistent and beat themselves frequently enough. That wasn't the Dallas offense that clicked on all cylinders. 

I can respect that *shrug*.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

Not gonna predict a winner or loser, but I’ll say - this is going to be remembered as the game of the year, it’s going to rival last years’ Bills v Chiefs thriller.

If you’re a football fan, you’re going to love this one.

Fully 100% agreed. Two elite teams, pretty evenly matched. 

I’ve never been so confident in the over before. This is the game both coaches use every crazy play they’ve ever come up with. 

8 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Me and my brother were having this debate and he said he can’t recall the last SB champion that had a better roster then the current eagles/49ers rosters. For example let’s look at last years champion rams, Stafford a better QB than Purdy, but the current 49ers across the board are better than the rams team. 

The 49ers have no weaknesses outside of QB and the eagles flat out don’t have any weaknesses. 

Eagles and 49ers are stacked. 49ers with a real QB (love Purdy but not a long-term believer) are easily the best roster in football. 

However, this is a QB league… I don’t think either of these teams overcome the QB gap in the Super Bowl. Burrow/Mahomes are just that much better that the rosters and defenses is not enough to make up for it. 

Edited by BayRaider