2022 NFC Championship: 49ers vs. Eagles

DigInBoys

Who will win the NFC Championship?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NFC Championship?

• 49ers
    • Eagles
    • Toss Up

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I apologize for making assumptions. Will be interesting to see who wins, I think SF/Philly are better teams overall than KC/Cincy but the gap at QB could be the difference. 

All good man. The assumptions were what kinda set me off a bit. I mentioned it in the Bills/ Bengals GDT that the Bengals have been overlooked all year and i still believe that. I just feel like the OL and DL of the Niners and Eagles are enough to dominate the game. This is more directed at the Bengals OL situation but Patrick Mahomes losses a SB when he was down 2 OTs, why cant it happen to Burrow? People may say "oh look at the Bills game" but the Bills DL, without Von, isnt on the same level as the Niners and Eagles DL. While he isnt on the same level as Burrow, Mahomes or Allen, Jalen Hurts isnt a slouch either. With that said I do think it would be a very close game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

All good man. The assumptions were what kinda set me off a bit. I mentioned it in the Bills/ Bengals GDT that the Bengals have been overlooked all year and i still believe that. I just feel like the OL and DL of the Niners and Eagles are enough to dominate the game. This is more directed at the Bengals OL situation but Patrick Mahomes losses a SB when he was down 2 OTs, why cant it happen to Burrow? People may say "oh look at the Bills game" but the Bills DL, without Von, isnt on the same level as the Niners and Eagles DL. While he isnt on the same level as Burrow, Mahomes or Allen, Jalen Hurts isnt a slouch either. With that said I do think it would be a very close game.

Yeah I could definitely see the Eagles DL dominating the Bengals OL and wrecking the game for Burrow. Isn't there a chance that they get back Cappa, Williams, and Karras this week?

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I could definitely see the Eagles DL dominating the Bengals OL and wrecking the game for Burrow. Isn't there a chance that they get back Cappa, Williams, and Karras this week?

To be brutally honest i have no idea, if true that would be huge for the Bengals. Im picking the Bengals to win regardless because of Mahomes and his injury.

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know why some of these games are being mentioned. The commanders game? The turnovers alone make that just an outlier. If you turn the ball over 4 times, you're likely to lose the game...unless you're the Jags and playing the Chargers. 

The Bears and Broncos for the 49ers? 

The reason WASH was brought up was just to example a simple gameplan for SF to win vs Hurts. Our defense getting 2 or even 3 turnovers is very possible. That last fumble hardly counts, it was a last second lateral situation.

56 minutes ago, adamq said:

Which teams are those? If the Washington game is ancient, let's start at the Tennesee game?

Stopped a one dimensional offense, good job.

Giants round 1- held them down. Quon only got 9 rushes.

Chicago- 4.5 ypc to RBs. 

Dallas- 3 ypc. You stopped Zeke, congrats there as well

NO- 4.7 ypc to RBs

Giants backups- 5.9 ypc to RBs

Giants round 3- 6.7 ypc to RBs

I dont think it's silly at all to think the 49ers will be able to run on Philly enough to keep Purdy in manageable 3rd down situations. If that happens, and the best defense in football can get a turnover or two/quick 3 & outs, that is just the gamescript Washington used to beat you.

So..... you posted us doing pretty dang well vs the run in all the situations I described and then used it as evidence that your argument is correct? I guess color me confused lol. Not even factoring in how some of these examples mean nothing at all. Week 18 vs the Giants was literally not a real football game. Looking at YPC of the divisional game when we were up 3+ scores the whole game and begging them to run? Irrelevant. The only examples of games you could come up with that look good for the opposing offense heavily relied on running QB's to carry the load(Fields, Hill). My point still stands. The Eagles have been run on this year, but in the second half of the year when they have tried to take away the run they have done a good job of it.

I never said that it would be silly to think the Niners would be able to run the ball on the Eagles. I said your argument that the Commanders loss is justification for that belief is. Obviously if the Niners are getting chunk yardage regularly in the run game and they can use Purdy as a change up that game style would heavily favor the Niners offense. The Eagles will be focusing on not allowing that to happen hence why the battle in the trenches will be so important this game. I have no clue which unit will take control and could absolutely see it going either way.

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know why some of these games are being mentioned. The commanders game? The turnovers alone make that just an outlier. If you turn the ball over 4 times, you're likely to lose the game...unless you're the Jags and playing the Chargers. 

Feels like fans taking potshots more than real analysis.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, adamq said:

The reason WASH was brought up was just to example a simple gameplan for SF to win vs Hurts. Our defense getting 2 or even 3 turnovers is very possible. That last fumble hardly counts, it was a last second lateral situation.

That is the template for beating the Eagles, hoping/getting TO's. Without them the Eagles are 15-0.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Eye Bulge GIFs | Tenor

The eagles played the AFC South, I still don’t get what’s so impressive about them beating a bad giants team. They were blowing out teams they were supposed to, you know who else did that, the 49ers. @Forge i get you still remember what Mariota did to us in Atlanta but we were down a few starters there. I still don’t see how this game tethers one way or another till after halftime

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I brought that up in response to point out how ridiculous the notion of the eagles losing to the commanders impacts this weekend.

17 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

The eagles played the AFC South, I still don’t get what’s so impressive about them beating a bad giants team. They were blowing out teams they were supposed to, you know who else did that, the 49ers. @Forge i get you still remember what Mariota did to us in Atlanta but we were down a few starters there. I still don’t see how this game tethers one way or another till after halftime

You don't know what is impressive about them blowing out the previous highest sack total using 4 or fewer pass rushers over the last 7 years ?