BDL 2017 Week 12: Cuba Smugglers @ Orlando Ospreys

DingoLadd

who wins  

11 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

• Cuba Smugglers
    • Orlando Ospreys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/29/2017 at 03:00 PM

BDL 2017 Week 12: 

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.

QB: Kirk Cousins 
RB: Frank Gore
FB: Anthony Sherman 
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Michael Floyd
TE: Jack Doyle
LT: Anthony Castanzo
LG: Joe Berger
C: John Sullivan 
RG: David DeCastro
RT: Rob Havenstien

RB: Tevin Coleman
OW: Rex Burkhead 
OW: Tavon Austin
TE: Jermaine Gresham 
WR: DeMarcus Robinson 
WR: Kamar Aiken
OT: Joe Haeg
TE: Antonio Gates

Edge: Terrell Suggs
DT: Derek Wolfe
DT: Fletcher Cox
DE: Calais Campbell
ILB: Kyle Van Noy
ILB: Derrick Johnson 
RCB: Quinton Dunbar
FS: LaMarcus Joyner
SS: TJ McDonald
NCB: Johnson Bademosi
LCB: Desmond Trufant

ILB: Johnathan Cyprien 
ILB: Brandon Marshall 
DE: Derrick Shelby
OLB: Jordan Jenkins
Edge: Carl Nassib
Edge: Julius Peppers 
DB: Joshua Shaw
DB: Jamar Taylor

Orlando Ospreys

Offense

QB – Russell Wilson

RB – Carlos Hyde

WR – Mike Evans 

WR - Alshon Jeffrey

WR – Martavis Bryant

TE – Rob Gronkowski 

LT – Taylor Lewan 

LG – Clint Boling 

C –  Travis Swanson 

RG –  Ali Marpet

RT – Trent Brown

Reserves

RB – Alvin Kamara

RB – Jerick McKinnon

WR - Marquise Goodwin 

WR – Travis Benjamin

TE- CJ Fiedorowicz

OC - Nick Martin

OT – Matt Kalil

Defense

DE – Vic Beasley Jr

DT – Dontari Poe 

DT – Ndamukong Suh 

DE – Joey Bosa 

MLB – Bobby Wagner 

WLB – Christian Kirksey

SLB - Danny Trevathan

CB – Jalen Ramsey 

CB – Breian Boddy-Calhoun

FS – Rodney McLeod

SS – Keanu Neal

Reserves

EDGE - Carl Lawson

DT – Danny Shelton

DT – Kenny Clark

LB - Jatavis Brown

CB – James Bradberry

CB - Kevin King

CB/S - Tyrann Mathieu 

S - Eddie Jackson

Offense 

There's an emphasis on balance. Orlando brings an impressive pass rush, but our offensive line has held up across most the difficult matchups we've endured. The major topic of interest is how Julio Jones is covered. This team really survives off Ramsey at the CB position. With 5'9 Calhoun and James Bradberry likely starting at CB, Julio is our scripted target leader. There will be a strong balance of running. Anthony Sherman is not a household NFL guy, but his blocking ability should give Coleman and friends the chance to carve some yardage and more importantly slow down the opposing edge rush. Kirk Cousins had been fantastic without his RL dynamic weapons. He's mostly completed passes to guys who are open with good game planning, and is the best QB in the NFL against blitzes, while only Tom Brady has more than 300 yards passing. Michael Floyd/Robinson/Aiken/Burkhead will be targeted at some points and should continue this trend with play action passes setting them up to get open.

Gameplan

Questions on if Jalen Ramsey will play. We will run the ball, and are desperate enough to utilize Kirk Cousins to run the read option. If it's not the most methodical gameplan off face, we'll utilize Julio, Jack Doyle, and Tevin Coleman as receivers. Establish the run, Kirk Cousins is the best QB in the NFL with play action. This works without Ramsey, above average strategy if he plays.

Defense

Russell Wilson can be so elusive at times and it is infuriating. His backyard football mess cannot be taken lightly, and Orlando sure did a great job (tanking) getting him what seems like numerous weapons to get this far. Alvin Kamara fits the Russell Wilson offense to a tee. Kamara is a dynamic player in the receiving game but has not shown the capability of turning into a credible 20 carry type of player, so we have a slight understanding between what Orlando wants to do when Hyde replaces him. It's all notable because our pass rush is very similar to Orlando. One major difference is zero starters on our offensive line have graded less than average, and Orlando cannot make the same claim. Calais Campbell and Fletcher Cox lead the way in stifling the run game and making Russell Wilson run around into his backyard football shenanigans. We are fairly deep in regards to the pass rush, and it's imperative throughout this game to never lose the juice. On Kamara, Derrick Johnson has been brilliant as a coverage LB this year.

Fortunately for us Trufant is still relevant and actually caught an INT from Wilson in reality. Same goes for Derek Wolfe and how he had his strongest performance of this season against Clint Boiling. Trufant won't shadow either of these 6'5 matchup problems. He'll do most of his work alone on the boundary. Quinton Dunbar and Johnson Bademosi covering either Jeffery/Evans in the slot will be more in need of the safety help, and of course there is Gronkowski. We hope the pressure we bring A) keeps Gronk in pass protection a bit longer B) makes this team run the ball. We own a fantastic safety group, and Kyle Van Noy will switch responsibility as a blitzer/spy to occasionally help McDonald in coverage. This will be a fun battle and the major adjustment we're prepared to make is Trufant on Evans the entire second half.

Gameplan

We love our defense. Our defensive line against Orlando's defensive line. Trufant already showed his talent vs Rodgers and Wilson last week. Find a way to cover Gronkowski, slow down that running game. Russell Wilson will have to beat us running around the pocket, making people miss, and taking 8 second pockets of debris to complete passes against an elite defensive line. We've got the CB and safeties of a strong defense. 

Offense

This week on offense were going to let Wilson air it out. We will be featuring 4 wide with Mike Evans and Martavis Bryant on the flanks and Gronk and Alshon causing mismatches underneath and across the middle. This strategy will force Badermosi or Webb on the field to cover Alshon which will be a mismatch. Derrick Johnson is a terrific MLB but Gronk will still get plenty of targets to keep Johnson in coverage and open up holes for our running game. Carlos Hyde will get the start as he is the better blocking back and will help the blocking on the interior. Hyde and Kamara will be used on outside runs with Lewan and Johnson sealing off the outside edges and guards and centers pulling as lead blockers. Both backs will also be used as catchers out of the backfield on various screens and drag routes. Wilson will be allowed the freedom to make plays with his legs if left unattended.

Overall while Cuba has a very good D Line we will be running away from their strength at DT and giving extra blocking help when staying in to pass. Meanwhile their linebackers will be running for their lives covering Gronk, Wilson, and our RBs out of the backfield and their secondary will be stretched thin trying to cover our WRs.

Defense

Luckily for us this week Cuba will be without Kelvin Benjamin. With this injury Jalen Ramsey will lock down Julio with safety help over the top from McLeod. BBC will remain in the lineup and will be responsible for covering Tavon Austin who we assume will be opposite Julio, if not he will cover the WR2. We will again field three LBs and we will also drop Neal down into the box to help shut down the running game and clog the passing lanes in the short passing game. Extra focus will be spent shutting down Austin, Burkhead and any other "Weapons" on any screens, reverses or dump offs. We will again trot out Beasley and Bosa at DE with Suh and Poe shutring down the middle with Lawson, Shelton, and Clark rotating in to keep our D Line fresh.

Overall I think Double covering Julio and stacking the box to shut down any trickery or Tom foolery done by the Smugglers will limit their ability to get anything productive done on offense.

I think it's a blowout. I wasn't convinced about Cuba abilities to run on Orlando defense before I saw Orlando defensive gameplan and Neal in the box. And, even though I could see Cuba DL pressuring Wilson from time to time, his ability to escape and the vast superiority of his weapons vs Cuba back 7 (save for Trufant) will make it easier for him. 31-10 Orlando

I really like Orlando's weapons. Not sure how Wilson will do just airing it out but he has a lot of big bodied weapons to throw to. Besides Julio Cousins doesn't have much. Although Trevathan didn't play Jatavis Brown would be his backup and I like that player just as much as Danny. I like Cuba's defense but I like Orlando's too. I think Orlando can challenge any team in this league with their defense and weapons and with Kamara balling out.  Usually I would punish Orlando as Jalen didn't play but I think they do enough on offense to beat Cuba. It was close for me because of Orlando playing guys in their lineup who didn't play in real life. But Orlando still squeaks it out for me. 

Archived