2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That'd be an awesome spot for him tbh. That secondary would be even more disgusting.

Miami is taking a huge gamble going all in assuming Tua is mentally competent and will continue to be 

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Miami is taking a huge gamble going all in assuming Tua is mentally competent and will continue to be 

No idea if there is truth to it or not, but there are rumblings behind the scenes that none other than Tom Brady will be signed out of retirement if Tua gets knocked out for the season again.  They will be rolling with Skyler Thompson as backup for a "week or two" injury situation, but will pivot to Brady if it's a long term thing.

5 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

No idea if there is truth to it or not, but there are rumblings behind the scenes that none other than Tom Brady will be signed out of retirement if Tua gets knocked out for the season again.  They will be rolling with Skyler Thompson as backup for a "week or two" injury situation, but will pivot to Brady if it's a long term thing.

I don’t think he’s coming back. 

4 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Why would they want him at this point?

4 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I don’t think he’s coming back. 

I don't either, but the scuttlebutt has him stepping back only into the perfect situation.  A contending team with tremendous weapons at his disposal probably qualifies.

3 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Why would they want him at this point?

He's better than Skyler Thompson or Teddy Bridgewater?  Maybe their hope would be that a rested Tom Brady would be more efficient.  

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I really think OBJ is coming back to NY. He wants to play with Saquon and Sterling Shepard again, and both guys are confirmed back for next year. And Dabes really likes OBJ and the Giants are going to be willing to pay him.

Aren't Saquon and Shepard only back on 1 year deals? That would be an odd incentive to sign anything potentially longterm.

6 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Aren't Saquon and Shepard only back on 1 year deals? That would be an odd incentive to sign anything potentially longterm.

Shep signed a 1 year minimum deal and Saquon is currently on the tag, although all signs point to a longer term deal getting done there soon.

Shep really doesn't have much football left. Too many injuries/concussions. I think he wants to stick with the Giants in some capacity after his playing days are over though.