What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm sure we want to keep the 7th pick but if the Jets are willing to offer the 13th pick that'll be the cost of doing business. He's the reigning back to back MVP with a $15M cap hit and the Packers know that we're desperate after moving on from Carr, Brady retiring, and limited veteran options on the market.

I'd be suspicious of if the Jets were actually offering pick 13. I'd do 7 and a future conditional (on actually playing) first pick for Rodgers + 15 though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I'd be suspicious of if the Jets were actually offering pick 13. I'd do 7 and a future conditional (on actually playing) first pick for Rodgers + 15 though.

Joe Douglas was reportedly saying they're prepared to go all in to land a big name QB this offseason, either Lamar or Rodgers. The Packers also don't have to trade him if they don't like what other teams are offering, obviously you don't start by offering #7 but if that's what it takes to get it done you basically have to do it. Unless you're prepared to just punt away the 2024 season.

The Jets have a super young team so they can afford to be patient if they have too. The Raiders have to capitalize on their current window after they just paid Adams/Waller/Renfrow and are likely going to pay Jacobs. 

Edited by NYRaider

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Joe Douglas was reportedly saying they're prepared to go all in to land a big name QB this offseason, either Lamar or Rodgers. The Packers also don't have to trade him if they don't like what other teams are offering, obviously you don't start by offering #7 but if that's what it takes to get it done you basically have to do it. Unless you're prepared to just punt away the 2024 season.

The Jets have a super young team so they can afford to be patient if they have too. The Raiders have to capitalize on their current window after they just paid Adams/Waller/Renfrow and are likely going to pay Jacobs. 

I would be okay with also just punting the season and get Caleb Williams. The entire NFC South sucks so they will score wins on one another, ditto AFC South. We're in a great AFC West if Sean Payton redeems anything outta Russ. We are contenders for pick #1 next year if we just don't address QB. Run it back with Stidham and just say you thought his performance against the 49ers was what we thought we'd get over 17 games.

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I would be okay with also just punting the season and get Caleb Williams. The entire NFC South sucks so they will score wins on one another, ditto AFC South. We're in a great AFC West if Sean Payton redeems anything outta Russ. We are contenders for pick #1 next year if we just don't address QB. Run it back with Stidham and just say you thought his performance against the 49ers was what we thought we'd get over 17 games.

You'd be okay with it but it doesn't make sense from the front office's perspective after they just invested a ton of resources into the offense last offseason. Running it back with Stidham could very well cost JMD/DZ their jobs and create a bunch of issues in the locker room. All for a 20 year old kid that still has another season to play in college, lol. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You'd be okay with it but it doesn't make sense from the front office's perspective after they just invested a ton of resources into the offense last offseason. Running it back with Stidham could very well cost JMD/DZ their jobs and create a bunch of issues in the locker room. All for a 20 year old kid that still has another season to play in college, lol. 

I am thinking the call for yes or no would be Davis' on QB.

Just now, Trojan said:

I am thinking the call for yes or no would be Davis' on QB.

I agree. The owner that is desperate for a winner and needs to boost excitement around the team so they can keep opposing fans from taking over home games. I wonder if he wants the reigning back to back MVP this season or if he wants to roll with a career backup in hopes of maybe landing a QB in the draft in 2024. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I agree. The owner that is desperate for a winner and needs to boost excitement around the team so they can keep opposing fans from taking over home games. I wonder if he wants the reigning back to back MVP this season or if he wants to roll with a career backup in hopes of maybe landing a QB in the draft in 2024. 

Desperate for a winner, but he also sees KC sustained success and hired a NE front office and coach with multiples, he has to be looking at Caleb Williams as a potential ticket to multiple rings in the future v. one potential ring with Rodgers. I think it's a close call and as a fan I'm good with either. If we get Jimmy G and a mid first next year I'll be a little mad (edit: not a knock on Jimmy, but we in no way have a D to support his style for success. We have some talent but it's better as a play with a lead and rush the passer talent).

Edited by Trojan

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

Desperate for a winner, but he also sees KC sustained success and hired a NE front office and coach with multiples, he has to be looking at Caleb Williams as a potential ticket to multiple rings in the future v. one potential ring with Rodgers. I think it's a close call and as a fan I'm good with either. If we get Jimmy G and a mid first next year I'll be a little mad (edit: not a knock on Jimmy, but we in no way have a D to support his style for success. We have some talent but it's better as a play with a lead and rush the passer talent).

He's desperate for a winner and for fan interest in Las Vegas, he made it clear when he hired the new regime that it was a rebuild, not a reload. With the way that they structured all of the deals last offseason they created a three year window to try and chase a Super Bowl. I don't think you abandon ship on that plan just because Carr's on his way out, especially when you can add the back to back MVP to replace him while still maintaining cap flexibility to bolster the rest of the roster. 

There's no guarantee that Caleb Williams is even the top prospect in next years draft, what if he gets hurt? What if he's a bust? What if the team doesn't finish with the top pick and the team that has it is dead set on taking him? 

I don't think it's a close call at all, if you can acquire Rodgers you do it. But you certainly don't pass on it in hopes that you might be able to draft a QB next season.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He's desperate for a winner and for fan interest in Las Vegas, he made it clear when he hired the new regime that it was a rebuild, not a reload. With the way that they structured all of the deals last offseason they created a three year window to try and chase a Super Bowl. I don't think you abandon ship on that plan just because Carr's on his way out, especially when you can add the back to back MVP to replace him while still maintaining cap flexibility to bolster the rest of the roster. 

There's no guarantee that Caleb Williams is even the top prospect in next years draft, what if he gets hurt? What if he's a bust? What if the team doesn't finish with the top pick and the team that has it is dead set on taking him? 

I don't think it's a close call at all, if you can acquire Rodgers you do it. But you certainly don't pass on it in hopes that you might be able to draft a QB next season.

Why trade for Rodgers when you can sign Jimmy G and keep your picks

Just now, Malfatron said:

Why trade for Rodgers when you can sign Jimmy G and keep your picks

Why trade for the back to back MVP, who's still a top 3-4 QB in the league, because you can sign Jimmy G, who is arguably a downgrade from Carr and will cost just as much. (Twice as much as Rodgers cap wise)

Hmmm...

Just now, NYRaider said:

Why trade for the back to back MVP, who's still a top 3-4 QB in the league, because you can sign Jimmy G, who is arguably a downgrade from Carr and will cost just as much. (Twice as much as Rodgers cap wise)

Hmmm...

Agreed. So please give the packers what they want

Just now, Malfatron said:

Agreed. So please give the packers what they want

I don't think we'll have any issue meeting their trade demands. It's just a matter of if he wants to play still and if they're willing to trade him. He hasn't committed to playing and they haven't committed to moving him.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think we'll have any issue meeting their trade demands. It's just a matter of if he wants to play still and if they're willing to trade him. He hasn't committed to playing and they haven't committed to moving him.

He will emerge from the dark house reborn

• Like 1