What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

How do the packers have any more leverage than the Jets in this situation?  Let's think of all the possible scenarios here.

Scenario A- Rodgers decides to stay in Green Bay

Jordan Love is on year 4 of his rookie deal and it seems like he is under the impression this is his team now and will be extremely frustrated if this happens. They'll have to pick up his option and depending on what Rodgers does next offseason you would have 1 year to evaluate him before he becomes a Free Agent. You also run the risk of Rodgers playing next year and retiring the following season and you're left with nothing. And Rodgers' huge salary stays on the books. Unless GB think they're winning a super bowl this year this seems like a nightmare for GB long term.

Scenario B-Rodgers Retires

Not exactly sure what happens in terms of cap if this is the case but if he retires Green Bay gets 0 compensation

Scenario C- Trade Rodgers to the Jets

Trade Rodgers to the jets, work out the $ situation, get compensated regardless of what that compensation is, and start Love and see what you got with him. Seems like a very Viable option.

Scenario D-Find another suitor for Rodgers that he actually wants to go to as well

Who else is even in the market for him. Maybe Washington? Seems like this is a good option if there is another suitor but as of right now we do not know if this is the case. 

When we look at the above scenarios Scenario C is clearly the best option going forward unless of course there is another team interested who will pay more. If that's the case you obviously do that. I'm not saying that his trade value is pennies on the dollar but getting something for him is better than nothing. GB fans are tripping. If the price is even close to as high as you GB fans are saying the Jets do in fact have a better option and that's to try to go after Lamar Jackson. GB does not.

In what reads like a good-bye to

, Mark Murphy said: “It kind of happens in our game. Very few players play for only one team. Brett had a great career here. Aaron had a great career here. Regardless of what happens, Aaron will be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He will be in our hall of fame. We will bring him back and retire his number. But this is just one of the things that you go through as a team. We want to try to achieve something that is good for both Aaron and us."

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

In what reads like a good-bye to

, Mark Murphy said: “It kind of happens in our game. Very few players play for only one team. Brett had a great career here. Aaron had a great career here. Regardless of what happens, Aaron will be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He will be in our hall of fame. We will bring him back and retire his number. But this is just one of the things that you go through as a team. We want to try to achieve something that is good for both Aaron and us."

That sure reads like it's about to go official.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

"We wanted to help Aaron achieve what he wanted" kills the leverage debate. Packers confirming they were between a rock and a hard place.

Did...did you really take one part of an entire comment and use it as proof lol. He literally said that it was what both the Packers and Rodgers wanted. Best deal for all parties. 

You're better than that lol. I get you hate the Packers but you're better than that.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Did...did you really take one part of an entire comment and use it as proof lol.

No, I didn't want to twist the knife more than I had to. The wording "as well as the Packers" confirms their needs were second priority, the sentence structure of his answer reveals their mentality.

If they were dealing from a position of strength, it'd be, "we need a deal that works for both the team and player". That is not what he said.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He literally said that it was what both the Packers and Rodgers wanted.

Nope. He said, "I think we wanted to help Aaron achieve what he wanted, as well as the Packers."

The Packers view it as a benefit, I'm not arguing that, you can quote me earlier in this thread where I say this is a possible win-win-win trade. But they recognize themselves as the afterthought.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I get you hate the Packers but you're better than that.

I don't hate the Packers. I like making fun of my friends, and the vast majority of those happen to be Packer fans, so it looks like I'm meaner to them than say the Panthers or some boring team I don't care about.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No, I didn't want to twist the knife more than I had to. The wording "as well as the Packers" confirms their needs were second priority, the sentence structure of his answer reveals their mentality.

If they were dealing from a position of strength, it'd be, "we need a deal that works for both the team and player". That is not what he said.

Nope. He said, "I think we wanted to help Aaron achieve what he wanted, as well as the Packers."

The Packers view it as a benefit, I'm not arguing that, you can quote me earlier in this thread where I say this is a possible win-win-win trade. But they recognize themselves as the afterthought.

I don't hate the Packers. I like making fun of my friends, and the vast majority of those happen to be Packer fans, so it looks like I'm meaner to them than say the Panthers or some boring team I don't care about.

Have you ever heard Mark Murphy speak before?