What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Rodgers would likely want to meet this mysterious team. Unless we read that Rodgers actually met with another team, it’s likely just a reporter trying to get clicks.

While I do think it's for clicks, they don't necessarily need to meet.  From all accounts, Rodgers is still very close with Adams.  He'd get more than enough info from him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

The more I think about the situation the more I interpret it as Green Bay is the guy with the new girl that he legitimately likes more and just wants to be left alone so he can focus on her. I think our FO wasn't all that motivated to extract maximum trade value - I think their primary goal is just to get Aaron off the team peacefully. 

So, while that does mean they hold all the leverage - they're getting what they ultimately want: Jordan Love starting - their relative apathy about the trade return is going to mute it. 

I'd guess the 2023 2nd and a conditional pick either in 2024 or 2025 that could become a first. And maybe a young player who wasn't a good fit in NY for one reason or another. A potential roster bubble type. 

So the Packers hold all the leverage, but if they don’t get a great return then it’s because that’s just not what they really wanted? 

The mental gymnastics on this thread are amongst the most impressive I’ve ever seen. Simone Biles has her work cut out for her.

• Like 4

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

So the Packers hold all the leverage, but if they don’t get a great return then it’s because that’s just not what they really wanted? 

The mental gymnastics on this thread are amongst the most impressive I’ve ever seen. Simone Biles has her work cut out for her.

Not surprised that anything involving cognition past entry level seems like confusing gymnastics to you.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Not surprised that anything involving cognition past entry level seems like confusing gymnastics to you.

No, I got it.

The Packers have all the leverage. They might not get a great return. If that happens, then obviously Green Bay was just choosing not to get a great return, despite all the leverage being in their favor. Clearly Green Bay is in complete control and simply may not want great compensation in return. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

No, I got it.

The Packers have all the leverage. They might not get a great return. If that happens, then obviously Green Bay was just choosing not to get a great return, despite all the leverage being in their favor. Clearly Green Bay is in complete control and simply may not want great compensation in return

You don't get it. Which is apparent from your response. 

Packers don't have all the leverage. The Jets and Rodgers do, too. 

53 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

^ the guy above literally creates fanfic hate scenarios in his head about Rodgers. Just read his posts if you need a good laugh. He also thinks we are going to win the Superbowl next year after seeing Love throw to defenseless receivers in the offseason. 

The reality is we are lucky if Rodgers will go to the jets to get some draft capital. It's either that or Love loses a camp battle, which we clearly need to avoid or we just give him some huge checks to smoke DMT in retirement for a few years. Great use of cap.

And we could literally raise hundreds of dollars in a gofundme to get you banned from our forum

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You don't get it. Which is apparent from your response. 

Packers don't have all the leverage. The Jets and Rodgers do, too. 

The more I think about the situation the more I interpret it as Green Bay is the guy with the new girl that he legitimately likes more and just wants to be left alone so he can focus on her. I think our FO wasn't all that motivated to extract maximum trade value - I think their primary goal is just to get Aaron off the team peacefully. 

So, while that does mean they hold all the leverage - they're getting what they ultimately want: Jordan Love starting - their relative apathy about the trade return is going to mute it. 

If you meant that the Jets/Rodgers hold all the leverage, then you should probably include them in the post somewhere. Otherwise you’re making Green Bay the subject, and then just assuming the rest of us know what’s going on in that head of yours when you say “they have all the leverage”.  

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

If you meant that the Jets/Rodgers hold all the leverage, then you should probably include them in the post somewhere. Otherwise you’re making Green Bay the subject, and then just assuming the rest of us know what’s going on in that head of yours when you say “they have all the leverage”.  

Haha. Legit typo there. Fixed to "doesn't".

I've been consistent about that: I thought (and think) GB holds the ultimate trump card since they have two talented QBs and the Jets have none, both Jets and Rodgers have some leverage, too. They can both play the f-around and find out game. They might eek out some extra value or they might lose the game. 

GB could leak out extra value cuz ultimately they're genuinely happy to just move forward with Love, or they could pull the rug out at any time if they want to (and still have Love).

It's almost $10million cheaper to keep Rodgers as QB2 than it is to trade him, afterall. But that's a solution nobody wants.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I've been consistent about that: I thought (and think) GB holds the ultimate trump card since they have two talented QBs and the Jets have none, both Jets and Rodgers have some leverage, too. They can both play the f-around and find out game. They might eek out some extra value or they might lose the game. 

GB could leak out extra value cuz ultimately they're genuinely happy to just move forward with Love, or they could pull the rug out at any time if they want to (and still have Love).

It's almost $10million cheaper to keep Rodgers as QB2 than it is to trade him, afterall. But that's a solution nobody wants.

Gotcha, makes way more sense.

Yeah, assuming any of the sides can go nuclear, the Jets get the worst end of it.

Worst case for Green Bay - Rodgers is paid, maybe he causes drama, Love starts, no picks. 

Worst case for Rodgers - neither side really wants him, he doesn’t go where he wants, collects his money, or retires (his choice). 

Worst case for the Jets - either Rodgers decides to retire or Green Bay nukes everything, they end up with nobody, they keep their Day 2 picks, and scrap it out for Jimmy G and…Jameis? 

All three sides have leverage here. I think a lot of Jets fans underrate how easy it’d be for Green Bay to hold onto Rodgers (out of spite), but realistically it’d probably take a dirty lowball offer for them to consider that. Also think some Packers fans are high off the paint, thinking that they control Rodgers’ retirement lol. If everyone went scorched earth, even with his ego, I doubt he’s too above making 8 figures to sit on the bench. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

No, I got it.

The Packers have all the leverage. They might not get a great return. If that happens, then obviously Green Bay was just choosing not to get a great return, despite all the leverage being in their favor. Clearly Green Bay is in complete control and simply may not want great compensation in return. 

giphy.gif

Are you saying incog stuck the landing?

• Like 3

No, it's not.  It is $50M more expensive to keep him. If traded Rodgers costs no actual money but has a $40M cap hit on money already paid.  If they keep him his $50M salary is fully guaranteed.  They can convert most of his salary to Bonus, but the only difference from the dead money is the additional $50M guaranteed this year.  In terms of structure they can convert $35M to bonus money, but it's still paid out and if Rodgers isn't on the team for any reason next year, it would be an $80M cap hit.  The Pack do not have all the leverage here, sorry.  They don't even have some leverage.  They have only 2 options that work for them.  Rodgers retires or is traded.  

• Like 2

On 3/10/2023 at 12:25 PM, Yin-Yang said:

All the crazy things that've been said here over the years

But this is the first time I’ve ever heard someone say “you clearly don’t know as much as I do, I have their figurines decorating my room”. Classic.

The classic “appeal to dolls” fallacy.

• Like 3

I would say I'm surprised Rodgers has waited this long, hrs before FA starts to announce his intentions. Then realize, It's Aaron Flippin Rodgers.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if a deal has already been agreed upon in principle with the Jets, but if it's leaked before Rodgers makes his announcement,  I'm out!

In otherwords to screw the Packers FO 🖕,  make them wait!

• Like 1

It HAS to be today right? RIGHT?! What ya'll got for trade compensation? I'm betting the 2023 pick is no better than a 2nd or 3rd and the 2024 pick at a conditional 1st depending on if Aaron Rodgers commits to playing in 2024