Cowboys and OC Kellen Moore parting ways; Expected to become Chargers OC

RaidersAreOne

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

Did Demeco really get this man fired? 

Frankly, Dak did. He was terrible in that game.

46 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

No matter how you feel about Moore as an OC - don't think this is an upgrade...at all.   You're likely going to have even more game management issues with McCarthy taking on more OC work.   SMH.

Related note - think this makes a DAL firing next offseason a lock if they don't meet whatever expectations Jerry Jones has.  There's no scapegoat for McCarthy on O now.

Ha! Jerry made McCarthy keep Moore, so McCarthy fired him at his first opportunity to take back play calling. Beautiful.

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

Kellen Moore / Justin Herbert pairing incoming? 

That would be a great spot for Moore and good for Staley.

30 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Never really understood the hype he got as OC. From what I've seen, he's not terrible or anything, but not some offensive guru or anything either.

The Cowboys have been consistently effective during his tenure when Dak has played.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Cowboys fans really thought they stole the thunder away from the Eagles by firing their OC right as we were about to win the NFC Championship….. lol. The levels of delusion is crazzyyyyy.

Let's be real. It's the only way Jerry can get the Cowboys name in the headlines/ spotlight during Championship Weekend and the SB. 

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Always been overrated as an OC by the internet. He’s vanilla as hell. 

I still think Dak is a problem though, and McCarthy is a semi-problem. Let’s be real, Dan Quinn, the defensive roster, CeeDee Lamb, and the OL is what makes Dallas good. 

Not sure how you can say the OC was overrated, the QB is a problem, and the HC is a semi problem all at once. How they were one of the highest scoring units in the game together would be awfully mysterious if this were actually the case. One good receiver and a okayish o-line don’t make an entire offense by themselves. 

Think it was mostly Dak making up for a lot of issues, honestly — interceptions or not. I agree that Moore has been hugely overrated… actually think McCarthy calling the plays is a notable, significant upgrade. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

No matter how you feel about Moore as an OC - don't think this is an upgrade...at all.   You're likely going to have even more game management issues with McCarthy taking on more OC work.   SMH.

Related note - think this makes a DAL firing next offseason a lock if they don't meet whatever expectations Jerry Jones has.  There's no scapegoat for McCarthy on O now.

What notable clock management issues can you really reference from last season? I’m a Dallas fan and honestly nothing really comes to mind in terms of coaching (or otherwise, really).

Edited by NoFlyZone

27 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Not sure how you can say the OC was overrated, the QB is a problem, and the HC is a semi problem all at once. How they were one of the highest scoring units in the game together would be awfully mysterious if this were actually the case. One good receiver and a okayish o-line don’t make an entire offense by themselves. 

Think it was mostly Dak making up for a lot of issues, honestly — interceptions or not. I agree that Moore has been hugely overrated… actually think McCarthy calling the plays is a notable, significant upgrade. 

Dallas’s offense is so overrated by you… 15th in Dvoa and 11th in total offense. And their defense getting stops helps boost that as well. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

What notable clock management issues can you really reference from last season? I’m a Dallas fan and honestly nothing really comes to mind in terms of coaching (or otherwise, really).

None last year - but his game management has suffered as he’s tried to do both in his GB days.  

He’s not a clear upgrade on Moore IM” as an OC and he’s now spreading his attention.   That’s not a recipe for success.   Guess we’ll see but don’t see it ending well.  

So does this now mean there won't be a "OC" in Dallas since Fat Mike is taking over play calling?

Are they just going to promote from within, give the title to someone with no game day responsibilities?

Doubt anyone would want to sign as the OC "in name only" for a year? Yes McCarthy will be fired when he too proves Daks still going to Dak.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Was it, though? Because Dak stunk up the field against SF. Moore has gotten good results out of that Dallas offense. And yes, it certainly helps that Dak is a good QB. But watching that SF game, they were scheming things up well against a tough defense, and Dak was the guy not making the plays. Granted, that was almost certainly just a bad game from Dak. But it was hard for me to believe watching the game that the OC was the guy who was bad at his job.