Watching QB movement from team to team...

vike daddy

The 49ers quarterback situation heading into 2023 should once again be a source of significant intrigue throughout the offseason. But the team’s QB1 entering 2022 should be healthy if that’s the direction San Francisco wants to go next season.

Via Matt Barrows of TheAthletic.com, Trey Lance told reporters on Tuesday that he is three-to-four weeks from being cleared to practice. And Lance is expecting to be 100 percent by the time OTAs begin, which is in May.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/31/trey-lance-says-hell-be-100-percent-for-otas/

Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reports that “many” close to Tom Brady think it’s “likely” he’ll play in 2023.

The great unknown is where. The Buccaneers are in play, despite a widespread belief that Brady will choose to move on. Other teams flagged by Stroud are the 49ers, Dolphins, Raiders, Titans, and Jets.

The elbow injury to Brock Purdy potentially opens the door for Brady to San Francisco. He has wanted to play there in the past, and the team has declined. With coach Kyle Shanahan embarking on his seventh season with zero Super Bowl wins, maybe he’ll finally embrace the guy who has capped seven seasons with a championship.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/31/report-many-close-to-tom-brady-think-its-likely-hell-play/

Edited by vike daddy

35 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reports that “many” close to Tom Brady think it’s “likely” he’ll play in 2023.

The great unknown is where. The Buccaneers are in play, despite a widespread belief that Brady will choose to move on. Other teams flagged by Stroud are the 49ers, Dolphins, Raiders, Titans, and Jets.

The elbow injury to Brock Purdy potentially opens the door for Brady to San Francisco. He has wanted to play there in the past, and the team has declined. With coach Kyle Shanahan embarking on his seventh season with zero Super Bowl wins, maybe he’ll finally embrace the guy who has capped seven seasons with a championship.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/31/report-many-close-to-tom-brady-think-its-likely-hell-play/

Bringing in Brady would allow the 49ers to let Purdy heal and learn for a year. It would also allow them to trade Lance. I can't see them keeping all three, and if they are truly invested in giving Purdy a chance to be the future, that's the way to go. Lance's value will only decrease if he doesn't play next season. 

38 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Bringing in Brady would allow the 49ers to let Purdy heal and learn for a year. It would also allow them to trade Lance. I can't see them keeping all three, and if they are truly invested in giving Purdy a chance to be the future, that's the way to go. Lance's value will only decrease if he doesn't play next season. 

Rodgers to LV

Brady to SF 

Jimmy G to Houston

Where does Lance and Carr end up? 

I mean, I know people disagree, but I'd like Carr. He's played with the worst D and mediocre WR his whole career.....If I'm the Rams, I want Carr if I can figure out how to make it work. He'd work almost anywhere that doesn't have a QB in place. Heck, maybe SF........

I think Brady in SF makes too much sense for it to happen.

I hope Rodgers is in the AFC East, frankly.

Tom Brady has announced yet again that he's retiring, but this time it's "for good." The star quarterback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers shared the bombshell news in a video on his Twitter on Wednesday morning.

Brady: “Good morning guys. I’ll get to the point right away. I’m retiring. For good. I know the process was a pretty big deal last time, so when I woke up this morning I figured I’d just press record and let you guys know first. So I won’t be long-winded. I think you only get one super emotional retirement essay, and I used mine up last year. So, really, thank you guys, so much, to every single one of you, for supporting me. My family, my friends, teammates, my competitors, I could go on forever, there’s too many. Thank you, guys, for letting me live my absolute dream. I wouldn’t change a thing. Love you all."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tom-brady-retires-time-good-says-rcna68554

Edited by vike daddy

So the Bucs pick #19. If they blow it up, they could trade veterans, acquire more picks and try to package to move up for a QB.

I can't see them going with Kyle Trask.

If they want to keep trying to run it back, these are their choices

Lamar (will be franchised or signed)

Daniel Jones (will be franchised or signed)

Geno Smith

Jimmy G

Gardner Minshew

or......they can trade us that #19 pick for Kirk....lol

56 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

They had better be sending more than #19.

maybe a 3rd... but there's 1 year left on the deal. Not going to give up a boatload of draft capital for an aging, expiring asset. He's probably worth more to us than anyone would give up at this point.