Free Agency 2023

THE DUKE

14 hours ago, theJ said:

I think his NO visit is over too. My guess is he didn't like either offer, and he's weighing his options now. 

They also just resigned Juwan Johnson and recently invested a premium pick in Adam Trautman. 

His path to production/winning comes from Cincinnati.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

We resigned Scharping to a 1 year deal.  I think that pretty much says goodbye to Adeniji, and D'ante Smith may not be too far behind assuming we draft at least 1 OL.

Hopefully we find someone better by the start of the season, but offensive line depth is good.

Scharping is a guard. Adeniji and Smith are tackles. Ford is likely to bump one of them off the roster but Adeniji has more versatility than Scharping, being able to play tackle or guard in a pinch. Ford can as well. I don't think any of Scharping, Adeniji, Smith, or Trey Hill are roster locks. We'll likely draft at least 1 offensive lineman, perhaps as early as pick 28 or perhaps on day 3. 

• Like 1

The lack of any interest in a FA RB is really frustrating. At this point I'd say Mixon is a roster lock and the Bengals have also probably lost any leverage in renegotiating his deal as well.

Since we know they only like round 1/2 RBs to take the lead gig, they've probably committed themselves to that as well. 

I don't mind their approach to other positions in FA, but they've really screwed up at this position. At this point they're significantly worse there than they were last year.