Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I miss Kendall Fuller 😐

Chiefs corner Kendall Fuller having surgery on wrist

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/14/chiefs-corner-kendall-fuller-having-surgery-on-wrist/ via @ProFootballTalk

Ironic that both Alex & Fuller are done for the year with injuries now.

Edited by turtle28

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/14/chiefs-corner-kendall-fuller-having-surgery-on-wrist/ via @ProFootballTalk

Let’s put things in perspective here. One is under 25-years old and the other probably will never play again. Also, one of them is going to pummel the Redskins cap for the next three years while he’s not playing. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Let’s put things in perspective here. One is under 25-years old and the other probably will never play again. Also, one of them is going to pummel the Redskins cap for the next three years while he’s not playing. 

If we “tanking for Tua” next year, I don’t care that we won’t have $70 million in cap space next year and we’ll only have $50 million. 

19 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Do you care that we lost a quality CB and 3rd round prospect?

Nope, don’t care. I like Alex Smith and thought he was doing just fine despite that 3 of his top 4 receiving weapons missed most of the season. The passing game never got a chance to get in a rhythm bc CT, Crowder and PRich got hurt.

You can disagree all you want, I think Fuller is replaceable and wasn’t doing well having to be the #1 corner for the Chiefs this year anyways. He was a great #3 for us but if he had stayed in DC, I thought Dunny was having a better season than Fuller until he got hurt and Moreau has more potential/talent than Fuller has.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Nope, don’t care. I like Alex Smith and thought he was doing just fine despite that 3 of his top 4 receiving weapons missed most of the season. The passing game never got a chance to get in a rhythm bc CT, Crowder and PRich got hurt.

You can disagree all you want, I think Fuller is replaceable and wasn’t doing well having to be the #1 corner for the Chiefs this year anyways. He was a great #3 for us but if he had stayed in DC, I thought Dunny was having a better season than Fuller until he got hurt and Moreau has more potential/talent than Fuller has.

There's so many things wrong with this post.  One, Alex Smith was not doing fine, he sucked.  

Second, Fuller was fantastic as our slot CB last year, its not his fault KC is playing him outside.  Fuller is a much better slot CB than Moreau.  

Third, having Fuller would have allowed Moreau to stay outside, which he's much better at.

Fourth, you completely swept the additional 3rd round prospect under the rug in your post.  That could have been a LG, WR or MLB.

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

There's so many things wrong with this post.  One, Alex Smith was not doing fine, he sucked.  

Second, Fuller was fantastic as our slot CB last year, its not his fault KC is playing him outside.  Fuller is a much better slot CB than Moreau.  

Third, having Fuller would have allowed Moreau to stay outside, which he's much better at.

Fourth, you completely swept the additional 3rd round prospect under the rug in your post.  That could have been a LG, WR or MLB.

I’m not having a continuous conversation with you when we’re not going to agree. We never saw Alex with all of his weapons for most of a season, let a lone a continuous month. It’s impossible to evaluate our passing offense and what it could’ve been w/o having CT, Crowder and PRich all healthy for most of a season.

I stand by my statement and feel that in Moreau’s 2nd year as a starter/slot corner that he will make a big jump just like Fuller did two years ago. 

Moreau is bigger, faster and stronger than Fuller.

Also, I see you ignored my point that Dunny was better than Fuller on the outside this year anyways bc you know he was.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, RSkinGM said:

You must need to a genius to understand QBR's

Last night, Rivers 26 of 38 313 yards, 2 TD's, 2 Int/s Rating 75.7

Mahomes was 24 of 34, 243 yards 2 TD 's and 0 int/s. Rating 61.7

Any logic to this? Or is maybe an error ?

Yards? It’s the only thing I got. Rivers threw for 70 more yards.

6 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

You must need to a genius to understand QBR's

Last night, Rivers 26 of 38 313 yards, 2 TD's, 2 Int/s Rating 75.7

Mahomes was 24 of 34, 243 yards 2 TD 's and 0 int/s. Rating 61.7

Any logic to this? Or is maybe an error ?

So, it's a few of things:

1. It's based on when the quarterback in question threw a touchdown or an interception. A late TD when trailing is more "valuable" than a 1st quarter touchdown when tied.
  2. It also takes into account rushing yards, sacks, down & distance, etc (throwing 5 yards on a 3rd & 7 is downgraded).
  3. It is a byzantine statistic that ESPN is trying to push on fans but no one really understand (not even most of the ESPN types), so I generally ignore it. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_quarterback_rating
http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/123701/how-is-total-qbr-calculated-we-explain-our-quarterback-rating

Generally speaking, I prefer DVOA from Football Outsiders, which tries to do the same thing (the game by game piece is premium content, though, and won't update until Tuesday):
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

One other thing: a compound broken leg with complications due to infection is just slightly more concerning than a broken wrist, all things being equal. Given their age and contract differences, they aren't equal either.

• Like 1