Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

Bengals cut Chris Baker. Kudos to the front office for not given him a contract 2 years ago ! I know there was some gnashing of teeth here when they let walk but turns out to be a good decision !

Well to be fair, his immediate replacements were McClain and McGee, who have been awful.  We lucked out that Scotty Mac found a good player in Ioannidis in the 5th.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Well to be fair, his immediate replacements were McClain and McGee, who have been awful.  We lucked out that Scotty Mac found a good player in Ioannidis in the 5th.  

Yes, but Baker was worse. Baker put up volume stats in 2015.  He played so many snaps because we had zero depth. 

Last year we had a decent rotation before everyone got hurt which cut into snap counts even for Baker-like DL in McClain and McGee.

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

No we didn't.

Sure we did w/ Allen, Hood, Ioannidis, McGee, McClain and Lanier.

By no means was it good or anything, but it was decent until Allen and Ioannidis got hurt.

It was certainly better than some of the ones we trotted out there after Cofield got hurt in 2014.

Baker put up volume stats. Just look at his snap counts in 2014-2016, he played almost every down because we didn’t have anyone else. He was in both the base and nickel packages, last year the only DL you could say that for before he got injuried was Jonathan Allen.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Sure we did w/ Allen, Hood, Ioannidis, McGee, McClain and Lanier.

By no means was it good or anything, but it was decent until Allen and Ioannidis got hurt.

Dude McClain and McGee are garbage.  Hood is JAG.  Lanier flashed but isn't proven.  

29 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Dude McClain and McGee are garbage.  Hood is JAG.  Lanier flashed but isn't proven.  

That’s why I said decent, meaning avg. I didn’t say they were good or great. And, I said before Allen and Ioannidis got hurt mid season. After they got hurt we saw a significant drop off, but that wasn’t my point, my point was for when they were both healthy.

Lanier is unproven to a certain extent but he did have 5 sacks in 11 games. That certainly proved something last year. At the least he’s going to be a good situational pass rusher as an interior DL.

Putting this here because its mostly about other teams/players. But go to the 3rd clip. Shows Alex getting a nice hit on Greg Ellis. And the 4th clip is of AP running over a guy (literally)

The Sean - Pro Bowl hit is there.

The best clip so far for me is the Dante Hall TD

18 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, missed this post. The Browns D is looking pretty good

Through three first halves (the final scores don't matter for preseason), the Browns defense has allowed 3, 10, and zero points respectively.

If they had any semblance of cohesion/competence on offense and a competent head coach ...

42 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

The Sean - Pro Bowl hit is there.

Props to the video maker for overlaying Sean's hit with Jim Ross's "Good God Almighty" speech.

Original audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVm-FY-9X5M

42 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

The best clip so far for me is the Dante Hall TD

RIP Stuart Scott.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I thought it made the most sense for me and the Redskins to get together on a contract too. 

As fans that followed the whole saga closely, we all saw the writing on the wall. Kirk didn’t want to be here anymore, and rightly so. Anything said to the contrary is just silly.

Also, no reason to beat this dead horse. Good luck to him and the Vikings. 

• Like 1