The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't buy that report. One of those teams will go after Lamar once they know they aren't one of the teams getting Stroud or Young. I get preferring Stroud or Young on a rookie deal for at least 3 seasons vs instantly paying Lamar 45+? But once Will Levis and Anthony Richardson are the best QB's available, Lamar is going to start looking a lot better.

Yeah if I’m Washington or the Bucs especially, do it right now without thinking.

Some of the teams are retweeting the reports, saw Atlanta do that, so don’t think it’s nothing. But it only takes one.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah if I’m Washington or the Bucs especially, do it right now without thinking.

Some of the teams are retweeting the reports, saw Atlanta do that, so don’t think it’s nothing. But it only takes one.

Atlanta makes the most sense. 

Solid OL? Check (although less solid without McGary)
Good TE aka Lamars favorite target? Check.
At least 1 good outside WR? Check.
Instantly become the favorite to win your division since the next best QB is Derek Carr? Check.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Derrick henry easily one my favorite non eagles players. As long as it isn't the farm, I'd love to see him in midnight green. Bad idea or not.

I'd rather have Charbonnet or Abanikanda. The problem with Henry is he kinda makes it obvious when he's in that he's either running or just picking up a blitz, but you don't need to worry about him running a route.

Edited by Jeezla

17 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

When you're comparing to Boston Scott and gainwell he sure is. To bunch all 3 together is ridiculous. I'm not even a big Sanders fan. The truth is the truth for a reason I agree

Comparing it to guys in the draft.

Gainwell showed some upside but it’d be foolish to bank on that.

Tons of guys this year who can be what miles is. You get a shot at them being more and at the very least pay them way less

Good can be replaced by one dude, special is hard to do that with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

So why wouldnt a team just sign Lamar and give up 2 firsts? Seems like that's a no brainer.

Yep, and you can just look at the Ravens cap /cuts they can make and use other ways to just poison pill the offer.

34 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

So why wouldnt a team just sign Lamar and give up 2 firsts? Seems like that's a no brainer.

Because no team wants to give a fully guaranteed deal to a QB like Lamar who runs too much and gets hurt, and has not developed his passing game since he came into the league.

• Like 2