The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

10 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Meh. He’s been everything you’ve wanted. You don’t mess around with him and his money. You get him done in the next couple months, you show good faith, get him a little cheaper and jump the gun on any new boom QB contracts. Doesn’t really do us any good screwing around with him. Sure, he could regress but I don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze here. 

For 1 season.
Gotta do what you gotta do though. Pay the man, and hope he still hasn't reached his ceiling, or at the very least- hope his legs don't slow down for another 4-5 years.

34 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Generally not, but first time for everything, right ??

If everything I hear about Jalen is true, seems like the type that would so OK, you want me to prove it, watch this and then go out and do it.

So then he either gets paid, and I am good with it, or it doesn't work out, and the Eagles were right to wait.

So by doing that, we will be paying him anyway only even more money. Just pay him already before things get worse.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

For 1 season.
Gotta do what you gotta do though. Pay the man, and hope he still hasn't reached his ceiling, or at the very least- hope his legs don't slow down for another 4-5 years.

I mean at what point, as a FO, do you just say, damn man, we asked this and this and this and you came through each and every time. You earned the contract.

You can’t string him along for another 2-3 seasons. It’s bad business. See Dallas, see Baltimore.

Sure, it was for one season. But it was a helluva season. He’s the type of guy to keep putting in the work. I haven’t a doubt about that. 

58 minutes ago, Jeezla said:
1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

I don’t think anyone would have an issue with a stud swing lineman - however, which one you taking at 10? I don’t know if there’s an offensive lineman worth that pick right now. 

Skoronski based on mocks, but I don't know if Skoronski is actually top 10 quality.

Paris Johnson Jr smart big kid, has the positional versatility. Think him and Broderick Jones, good athlete, will end up going before Skoronski.

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I mean at what point, as a FO, do you just say, damn man, we asked this and this and this and you came through each and every time. You earned the contract.

You can’t string him along for another 2-3 seasons. It’s bad business. See Dallas, see Baltimore.

Sure, it was for one season. But it was a helluva season. He’s the type of guy to keep putting in the work. I haven’t a doubt about that. 

Well lot of Dallas fans regret paying Dak, and if im Baltimore theres no way im paying Lamar Jackson the kind of money he wants.

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

we have to pay him, I'm just saying I understand if someone feels uneasy about the financial commitment we're about to make. Particularly because so much of Jalens success depends on his legs being able to continue to out-run defenses.

Edited by Jeezla

51 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Where do you think Porter goes in the draft? From my early analysis, I think he’s the corner I like the most.

Top 15

Bloodline, his build and play style will make him stay up there. Will be a matter of system and preference that probably moves him and Gonzalez.

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

Where do you think Porter goes in the draft? From my early analysis, I think he’s the corner I like the most.

CB stock fluctuates too much depending on the combine, so I gotta wait til about March 4th to answer that.

Edited by Jeezla

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

CB stock fluctuates too much depending on the combine, so I gotta wait til about March 4th to answer that.

Yeah it's hard to tell right now - there's so many good corners in this draft and the combine is going to have a major impact on where they end up ranked. 

36 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Well lot of Dallas fans regret paying Dak, and if im Baltimore theres no way im paying Lamar Jackson the kind of money he wants.

Personal feelings aside, they have proven they can win. Put the right coaching around them. Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. Point is, if you feel like you identified a guy….which the FO has been screaming that they have, then guy sign him up. You’re going to get a little discount signing him a year before you HAVE to and not forcing the tag on him anyway. If you feel he’s the man, then it’s obvious you pay him. I understand not wanting to commit but you really have little choice without playing chicken with your potential franchise QB. It’s never good. It’s almost like keeping him around another year under his rookie deal is hoping he fails. 

39 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

we have to pay him, I'm just saying I understand if someone feels uneasy about the financial commitment we're about to make. Particularly because so much of Jalens success depends on his legs being able to continue to out-run defenses.

He’s still young. His legs are going to carry his play for the next 3 years. But yea, he needs to learn to take over games with his arm. He’s a new age Russ. I’ll take that right now. 

Obviously Hurts ain't going anywhere, but what do you think we would get in a trade for him if Lurie found out Jalen banged his, Howies, and Stouts wives at the same time? What would a Hurts haul look like?

Edited by Jeezla