The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

18 minutes ago, Danger said:

So the thing I haven't heard anyone talk of yet, with all these looming free agents on our team, we're probably looking at a lot of compensatory picks in 2024.

CJGJ would probably bring in a 3rd/4th as would Hargrave, so just pencil in one of each for them.
Bradberry could also net a 3rd or 4th. 
TJ Edwards 4th/5th
Miles... a 5th?
Seumalo a 5th/6th

Trying to think if I'm forgetting any notable departures that could factor in otherwise (with the assumption both Graham and Cox come back another year)

Said something about it a couple pages ago but this is a good breakdown of just how many we could be seeing.

I want to try and get a list together of guys that are/will be cut, because that’s probably going to be Howie’s hunting ground this year as to not lose those picks.

It also means we could very well be trading some of our future picks. Already have two 2nds , 3rd, a 4th, 5th and a 4 or 5 for Reagor. If you are throwing like four or five more picks in the middle of the draft anyway, it gives you that ability. 

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Well Bryce Young would be preferred but I do wonder if Howie has it in his head that the best way to win is to not pay a QB.

[looks at the last twenty years of who actually wins Super Bowls (QBs who make money)]

oh no

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Said something about it a couple pages ago but this is a good breakdown of just how many we could be seeing.

I want to try and get a list together of guys that are/will be cut, because that’s probably going to be Howie’s hunting ground this year as to not lose those picks.

It also means we could very well be trading some of our future picks. Already have two 2nds , 3rd, a 4th, 5th and a 4 or 5 for Reagor. If you are throwing like four or five more picks in the middle of the draft anyway, it gives you that ability. 

Well the most compensatory picks we are allowed to get in a given year is 4.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UndyTaker said:

Well the most compensatory picks we are allowed to get in a given year is 4.

Couldn’t remember if it was capped at 4 or 5.

I wonder, are the ones teams get for minority coaches/GMs outside of that though?

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Hopefully one of the other teams can land a QB and keep it in the 33-48 range.

Well, that whole division should stink, so who knows. Saints might actually be the best team in that division depending what CAR, TB, and ATL do at QB.

2023 gonna be a great year to play against the NFCS.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Yeah I guess thats fair. But that thought does come up commonly on twitter.

It makes a lot of sense.

If you don’t have a special guy you are better off trading him when you can and building your team up until you can find one.

Up until some point this year I wasn’t sure Jalen, the player was up there. But he did enough that I’d be willing to put more stakes into him maintaining, helped considerably by the type of dude we know he is. The whole reason I didn’t have an awful week coming off the Super Bowl was because it felt like Jalen, as much as he could, proved he was that kinda guy.

12 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Well, that whole division should stink, so who knows. Saints might actually be the best team in that division depending what CAR, TB, and ATL do at QB.

2023 gonna be a great year to play against the NFCS.

Which ties into another thought I had.

I sorta have a sneaking suspicion we might see a collusion case by Lamar if no team tries to sign him off this tag. Within 15 minutes there were very similar reports out of some of those teams and elsewhere that they weren’t going to trade for him.

It could just be posturing, as they do it quietly. But the league did seem fairly unified about disliking what the Browns did guaranteeing a whole contract to 23 & Me Watson. Letting Lamar wither on the vine, never getting that deal he wants could be them trying to stamp that out before it becomes a thing.

Just an observation.

Because if you are Washington, Tampa, Atlanta, Carolina…why wouldn’t you give up less to go get Lamar than you would trading up for these QBs? Yeah get a smaller contract but unless you are convinced they are destined to be one of the greats…it just makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Which ties into another thought I had.

I sorta have a sneaking suspicion we might see a collusion case by Lamar if no team tries to sign him off this tag. Within 15 minutes there were very similar reports out of some of those teams and elsewhere that they weren’t going to trade for him.

It could just be posturing, as they do it quietly. But the league did seem fairly unified about disliking what the Browns did guaranteeing a whole contract to 23 & Me Watson. Letting Lamar wither on the vein, never getting that deal he wants could be them trying to stamp that out before it becomes a thing.

Just an observation.

Because if you are Washington, Tampa, Atlanta, Carolina…why wouldn’t you give up less to go get Lamar than you would trading up for these QBs? Yeah get a smaller contract but unless you are convinced they are destined to be one of the greats…it just makes sense.

I don't buy that report. One of those teams will go after Lamar once they know they aren't one of the teams getting Stroud or Young. I get preferring Stroud or Young on a rookie deal for at least 3 seasons vs instantly paying Lamar 45+? But once Will Levis and Anthony Richardson are the best QB's available, Lamar is going to start looking a lot better.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1