The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Also, I’m going to float an unpopular opinion here. Something I may not even agree with but…

Kelce should retire. Are we better with the $15M and Jurgens starting or no? Kelce is still playing all pro ball but he’s awful expensive for a C and we have a seemingly capable, albeit lessened, C right behind him. There’s an argument to be made if Jurgs can slide to RG and we keep the band together one more year. Also, we have a hole at RG if Kelce retires. That would be an issue as well. But I can imagine feeing up $15M would be awful useful while the drop off at C shouldn’t be disastrous. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Also, I’m going to float an unpopular opinion here. Something I may not even agree with but…

Kelce should retire. Are we better with the $15M and Jurgens starting or no? Kelce is still playing all pro ball but he’s awful expensive for a C and we have a seemingly capable, albeit lessened, C right behind him. There’s an argument to be made if Jurgs can slide to RG and we keep the band together one more year. Also, we have a hole at RG if Kelce retires. That would be an issue as well. But I can imagine feeing up $15M would be awful useful while the drop off at C shouldn’t be disastrous. 

I have heard Jurgens has been working at guard he just didnt play last year because Seumalo stayed healthy all year.

14 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s tough not to want the best center in the nfl back. I get your thinking though.

I think if he is coming back they have to rework the deal anyway, no?

16 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I agree with everything you said, if Kelce comes back is never bad but mighty expensive, adding to what you said it also makes the Jurgens pick less good in terms of value. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Are we better with the $15M and Jurgens starting or no?

Just put Jurgens at RG. Move him to C in 2024.

15M is the 20th highest paid OL in the NFL. I think that's a relative bargain for the 1st or 2nd best C. Let's not forget, Kelce doesn't just block, he leads that OL room and also makes line adjustments.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I don't think this is unpopular at all - we all love the player/person/voice/leader/whatever that Kelce is; but 15M is awfully expensive for a center, even more so considering when you drafted his replacement a year ago. This team has some holes to fill and getting Kelce off the books would help that a ton. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

This makes sense if Jurgens can't start at Guard and be an above average player(which I think he can). If not we are just going to have to plug someone else in to the lineup to start at OG and invest more there.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Nope.  Very logical opinion.  Eagles are a in tough spot with that.  If he wants to play, you think Lowie wants to be the one to tell him no and he go elsewhere?  You just hope if he wants to play he’d agree to a lesser deal.  

38 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Just put Jurgens at RG. Move him to C in 2024.

15M is the 20th highest paid OL in the NFL. I think that's a relative bargain for the 1st or 2nd best C. Let's not forget, Kelce doesn't just block, he leads that OL room and also makes line adjustments.

Exactly.  That money is negated when you slide Jurgens into Seomalu roles as well. I want the best, not trying to replace two starters.