The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Not worried about the dead cap any more than I worry about Howie constructing a roster. Since they are very much tied together and since we’ve had a lot of success the passed 10 years, I’m not worried much at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

I think tjs deal was a great deal for a dude who got 160 tackles, a couple sacks, ten tackles for loss, and I believe a few pass break ups. Others I agree overall. 

Yeah it was fine. Think he might’ve also taken a discount to go home to Chicago though.

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah it was fine. Think he might’ve also taken a discount to go home to Chicago though.

That's the only thing I can think of when I seen the contract. Felt like he wanted to play for his team growing up and that style of linebacker has traditionally played in Chicago. 

Something I kind of forgot about; we still have Trey Sermon on the team. I fully expect a draftee RB but less worried about the position now. There was a reason Howie stashed him and this may be it. He might get the lion share of carries this year. 

Should have tagged CGJ. We might have the worst D in the division this coming season. We got Reddick, Sweat, Graham, Slay, Maddox, and that's about it. 2 pass rushers still in their prime, 1 slot cb in his prime that can't stay healthy, and 2 aging vets who will likely decline a little bit. No proven LB, no safeties besides Blankenship, no proven DT, no CB2. Yikes.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Should have tagged CGJ. We might have the worst D in the division this coming season. We got Reddick, Sweat, Graham, Slay, Maddox, and that's about it. 2 pass rushers still in their prime, 1 slot cb in his prime that can't stay healthy, and 2 aging vets who will likely decline a little bit. No proven LB, no safeties besides Blankenship, no proven DT, no CB2. Yikes.

yeah our defense is going to be awful

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah our defense is going to be awful

I think we can guess which side of the ball our day 1 and 2 picks will be getting used on. Get ready for 1 or 2 DL that can't rush the passer, but stop the run well, a CB whose skill set will be the opposite of what Desai wants, and safety Sydney Brown.

• Like 1

I mean, if we believe none of the 2nd year guys can be good or the rookies won’t make an impact or Howie’s FAs won’t be any good then I guess we won’t be that great. That’s really pessimistic though. 

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I mean, if we believe none of the 2nd year guys can be good or the rookies won’t make an impact or Howie’s FAs won’t be any good then I guess we won’t be that great. That’s really pessimistic though. 

Realistically we aren't going to have an all time pass rush and top 2 defense next year.

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Realistically we aren't going to have an all time pass rush and top 2 defense next year.

Or play a bunch of bad teams where we have the lead for 90% of the game, and force the other offense to be one dimensional.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Lose players on defense that we all knew we would lose 2 months ago on day one of FA: OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO SUCKKKKKK.

These posts belong in the overreaction thread.

You knew we were going to lose CGJ and Hargrave? Weird, because it seemed like most of us mocked those 2 coming back, then losing everyone else.

Your response to my reasonable assumption belongs in an overreaction thread.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Something I kind of forgot about; we still have Trey Sermon on the team. I fully expect a draftee RB but less worried about the position now. There was a reason Howie stashed him and this may be it. He might get the lion share of carries this year. 

I think it will be a committee again and I think it will be mostly Gainwell unless we bring back Miles or another FA RB.

Hard to predict what Sermon is, but the moves they make this offseason will tell us what they think of him. If Scott isn't brought back they probably like him.