Ravens Hire Todd Monken as OC

goldfishwars

Very strong hire - he worked magic in Tampa Bay with bad Jameis / Fitzmagic as the QB.   His CLE 2019 time I give a complete pass, understanding how much of a disaster Freddie Kitchens was as a head coach (play-calling in-game that went completely away from what Monken & co. apparently prepared pre-game with).   

Lest we forget.... https://nypost.com/2020/01/02/browns-todd-monken-ripped-team-and-freddie-kitchens-to-opposing-coaches/

And if ppl can't get by a paywall...

Monken's record in TAM, and his success in Georgia with a very average college QB, esp with the diversity of how the O succeeded, I put 2019 pretty much in Kitchens' lap.   I'd be very optimistic as a Ravens' fan, and that's with or without Lamar as QB.   Whoever it is, I suspect Monken will adapt it to help them succeed far more than Greg Roman could (both Monken & Roman are excellent run designers, but Monken's pass game concepts/design are levels above).

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Very strong hire - he worked magic in Tampa Bay with bad Jameis / Fitzmagic as the QB.   His CLE 2019 time I give a complete pass, understanding how much of a disaster Freddie Kitchens was as a head coach (play-calling in-game that went completely away from what Monken & co. apparently prepared pre-game with).   

Lest we forget.... https://nypost.com/2020/01/02/browns-todd-monken-ripped-team-and-freddie-kitchens-to-opposing-coaches/

And if ppl can't get by a paywall...

Monken's record in TAM, and his success in Georgia with a very average college QB, esp with the diversity of how the O succeeded, I put 2019 pretty much in Kitchens' lap.   I'd be very optimistic as a Ravens' fan, and that's with or without Lamar as QB.   Whoever it is, I suspect Monken will adapt it to help them succeed far more than Greg Roman could (both Monken & Roman are excellent run designers, but Monken's pass game concepts/design are levels above).

Love it. This definitely eases my concerns on the one seemingly bad mark on his resume. I’m excited.