Around the NFL

WizardHawk

So I definitely feel like the NFL has a "meta" 

That tends to change pretty rapidly these days. And it can often cycle back to something that was good before.

For example. in 2017 the Eagles really popularized the new meta with the RPO and teams had to figure out how to stop it. A few years later Dak was really flying with certain really effective play action, and the Eagles couldn't replicate that for whatever reason. Teams adjusted to what we were doing and weren't quite as attuned to stopping what Dak was excelling at at the time.  Fangio and the Broncos really started to show good teams how to play around Dak, and the meta shifted once again. I'm sure at somepoint throughout next year teams will figure out something new that's more effective based on how the defenses are then lining up. 

The arms race between offenses and defenses.

I just don’t think Dak at 30 is as mobile as he was at 23. Simple as that. Dak is old-ish now. They always say QBs can play well into their 30s, but they mean POCKET QBs.

I’m always a little leery of mobile QBs if their mobility is what makes them dangerous. Eventually they’ll either A.) Get hurt bad B.) simply get old and unable or quite often C.) Both. And both has happened to Dak. He had his leg nearly twisted off and now he’s old. His duel threat days are over. 

Dak was 15th in QB rushing yards last year. Joe Burrow, Jacoby Brissett, and Kenny Pickett are some names ahead of him. Dak is s pocket passer, and without that extra dimension he’s just …. Average. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Appears Jameson wasn’t suspended for betting on NFL games, but for placing bets online at Detroit’s team facility. Ummm, what?

With the sweeping increases in online betting this is bound to start being a thing. Just like PEDs. 

SOOOOO let's partner with Draftkkngs and Fanduel sports betting apps and have two well known NFL HOF guys be spokespersons for Caesars sports betting, and put an on location sports betting booth in ever stadium we are allowed...

...but condemn every player who rolls a set of dice on a craps table or plays a hand of hold em?

Sorry but I'm not cool with what the NFL is doing here.

4 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

SOOOOO let's partner with Draftkkngs and Fanduel sports betting apps and have two well known NFL HOF guys be spokespersons for Caesars sports betting, and put an on location sports betting booth in ever stadium we are allowed...

...but condemn every player who rolls a set of dice on a craps table or plays a hand of hold em?

Sorry but I'm not cool with what the NFL is doing here.

With the players being so heavily involved and only a few getting caught im sure, what are the ‘odds’ that theres a ref or two involved?

17 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Thank God that saga is over. 

EDIT: Scrolling through Twitter, milf-hunter Zach Wilson pretty much kicked to the curb by his teammates without a second thought. 😂

It might be worth it to kick the tires on Wilson.  First, there’s no shortage of MILFs in the metroplex.  Second, he’s got all the physical skills you need in a QB and a ton of people were really high on him.  He’d sit for 2 years behind Dak.  That gives him time to get his head in the right place.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

It might be worth it to kick the tires on Wilson.  First, there’s no shortage of MILFs in the metroplex.  Second, he’s got all the physical skills you need in a QB and a ton of people were really high on him.  He’d sit for 2 years behind Dak.  That gives him time to get his head in the right place.

I don’t hate the idea. He’s talented for sure. Maybe this is the reality check he needs.

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

Was just coming here to post this. Now that is very interesting 

Outside of his rookie year, he's dealt with injuries and hasn't been nearly as good of a player...so it's not surprising.