Around the NFL

WizardHawk

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Beckham watch has officially ended!!

18 mil from Ravens. Drastically overpaid!!!!

How can they pay OBJ 18 million with his injury history and not pay Lamar? Something is fishy with the Ravens and the Lamar Jackson contract fiasco.

10 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

How can they pay OBJ 18 million with his injury history and not pay Lamar? Something is fishy with the Ravens and the Lamar Jackson contract fiasco.

I don’t think there’s anything fishy about it. He wants a $230m-ish fully guaranteed contract and has been injured for the stretch run 2 straight seasons. I don’t blame Baltimore. 

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

But they did pay him via the franchise tag. Lamar just won’t sign it because he wants years and full guarantees like Watson. I think Cleveland screwed up with the Watson contract and now the owners are trying to get their position back, Lamar is just caught in the crossfire.

1 hour ago, ware94 said:

I think teams also want to send a message that they don't want players sticking family members/friends/random acquaintances out in front representing them.

That's interesting. I think the inverse would be true.

PLEASE send me your inexperienced cousin to negotiate on your behalf. If anything I imagine the agents association would have a bigger issue.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

That's interesting. I think the inverse would be true.

PLEASE send me your inexperienced cousin to negotiate on your behalf. If anything I imagine the agents association would have a bigger issue.

I could see that. Seems like it could work very much in your favor, or you could be dealing with someone who is so uneducated on how things work, they have unrealistic demands for the player and won't budge, thus the whole process being a pain. I'm sure having standing relationships with the same group of agents make the process much smoother.

Funny how you guys can see paying a sometimes elite QB that tends to get banged up and **** the bed in the playoffs is a BAD idea for another team. If he had a star on his helmet you’d be bashing the FO for not getting it done sooner. 

• Like 2

On 4/10/2023 at 4:02 AM, CT Cowboy Fan said:

But they did pay him via the franchise tag. Lamar just won’t sign it because he wants years and full guarantees like Watson. I think Cleveland screwed up with the Watson contract and now the owners are trying to get their position back, Lamar is just caught in the crossfire.

What you just stated is collusion against Lamar Jackson. The Ravens not paying Lamar, but signing multiple players to contracts doesn’t seem strange to you?

Even if he wanted 230 Mill. he deserves it more than Watson did. 

Edited by Tony7188

17 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Funny how you guys can see paying a sometimes elite QB that tends to get banged up and **** the bed in the playoffs is a BAD idea for another team. If he had a star on his helmet you’d be bashing the FO for not getting it done sooner. 

QFT. I can’t believe people are so against paying a unanimous MVP QB. 

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

What you just stated is collusion against Lamar Jackson. The Ravens not paying Lamar, but signing multiple players to contracts doesn’t seem strange to you?

Even if he wanted 230 Mill. he deserves it more than Watson did. 

100% I’m not saying I agree, just what I think is happening behind closed doors 

• Like 1