Around the NFL

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

Jerry would have been fleeced for a 1st guaranteed. Jerry hasn’t been on the winning side of a trade in a very long time. 

Yep. He’s the same guy who admitted that he negotiated against himself on both the Roy Williams and the Amari Cooper trades.

Legitimate question:

When was the last time the Cowboys won a trade? Seriously. Trading for Amari Cooper is probably the closest thing but he only played 3.5 years with us. If you draft a player in the 1st, don’t pick up the 5th year option, and they’re playing for someone else in year 5 then that’s a bust. So trading a 1st for Amari Cooper was a bust. But still… might be the closest thing we’ve had to a win since Walker to the Vikings. That’s wild. 

12 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

You guys are being a tinsy bit unfair to Jerry.  Jerry dominated the Robert Quinn trade.  Traded a 6th for him.  He got 11.5 sacks.  Then, we got a 4th round comp pick for him.  DOMINATED!!I!

he also won on the Micah parsons trade.  

Thank you! I knew it wasn’t as dire as the Herschel Walker trade. Robert Quinn was a win. And Parsons counts I guess

2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Rolando McClain. 2014. Every five years!

We got Rolando McClain and a 7th round pick in exchange for a 6th round pick. He definitely covered the spread on that value. 

TE Darren Waller was drafted with the 6th round pick we traded away. 

Edited by DaBoys