Official 2023 MLB Gameday Thread

Herbie_Hancock

22 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

dscs.jpg

Like they say, baseball contracts pay you for what you did, not for what you're going to do, 95% of the time. J-Rod being the example of an exception. Chris Sale got paid as the ace of a WS team. He got paid for that. Not for what he was going to continue to do. It's always this way 

judge is already breaking down physically to boot 

Edited by BullsandBroncos
  • Like 1

The Dodgers came out of the All Star break really swinging the bat. JD Martinez looks like 18/19 Martinez. 

If they can get healthy with their starting pitching and improve the pen. This could be a very dangerous team in the playoffs. The fact that they have this record with the injuries they had to the starting 5 is really impressive. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

The Dodgers came out of the All Star break really swinging the bat. JD Martinez looks like 18/19 Martinez. 

If they can get healthy with their starting pitching and improve the pen. This could be a very dangerous team in the playoffs. The fact that they have this record with the injuries they had to the starting 5 is really impressive. 

I could be wrong but I think a lot of their pitchers are done for the year. Could also see them trading for cease or Giolito or Burnes 

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I could be wrong but I think a lot of their pitchers are done for the year. Could also see them trading for cease or Giolito or Burnes 

Kershaw is the closest to returning. Dustin May is done for the year with him having another surgery to his elbow. Walker Buehler has given the date of September 1st as his hopeful return. Noah Syndergaard should be back in the next couple weeks, but the Dodgers are actually better with him on the sidelines. 

Def will be in the market for a starting pitcher. 

On 7/24/2023 at 11:29 PM, agarcia34 said:

Trea Turner is having a nightmare season. 

He and Correa have absolutely fallen on their faces after signing their big deals this past offseason.  I wasn't a huge fan of the Swanson signing for the Cubs, but it's been a brilliant one so far.