2018 NBA Draft Prospects

devils1854

27 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Like the read, keep it going. But will add that I think if L eBron stays,  and I do believe that possibility has gotten bigger, I see them going after mikal Bridges over Trae Young as I believe he is a much better fit and need for Cleveland .

I know, that messes.up ur hopes for Philly.

Thing is the Draft happens before free agency.  I guess Lebron only stays if they win the ship so most likely they will have an idea of what he will do before the draft but I don't think Dan Gilbert will pass on the star power of Trae Young for Mikal unless they know for a fact he's staying.  Even though I think a team would be best off using Young as a secondary play maker in the half court it doesn't seem like GMs agree with me since he will most likely be drafted in the top ten by a team that needs a primary play maker.  I just see Cleveland taking Young if he's there or Michael Porter Jr if hes there buying in on the number one prospect out of high school hype.

If Mikal is gone I'd probably go Knox/Miles Bridges of whichever wing is left.   In this scenario it would be Bridgees and as much as I kind of crapped on him I do think he has the body to develop into a decent defender who could guard 2-3-4's in spot duty depending on the matchups.  If he can do that and become a high 30's 3 point shooter thats still valuable to Philly.  Switching is the wave on defense and guys who can switch and guard other position for 5-10 seconds are valuable.  Philly has scoring, playmaking, and post offense locked down.  They just need to keep adding spacing and defenders.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He and Huerter are my two man crushes for this year's draft, so this one hurts.

Yeah, I think Huerter will be in play around 20, if not, just after the lottery. Could be in play for the Bucks at 17 if we emphasize shooting like we should. Honestly, I think one of Keita Bates-Diop, Khyri Thomas, Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter or Chandler Hutchison will be the Bucks pick.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Yeah, I think Huerter will be in play around 20, if not, just after the lottery. Could be in play for the Bucks at 17 if we emphasize shooting like we should. Honestly, I think one of Keita Bates-Diop, Khyri Thomas, Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter or Chandler Hutchison will be the Bucks pick.

Supposedly Chandler Hutchinson has a promise...not sure how much truth there is to it though.  I want to say the Bulls...but don't quote me on that.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Supposedly Chandler Hutchinson has a promise...not sure how much truth there is to it though.  I want to say the Bulls...but don't quote me on that.

Woj thinks it's someone after 21 so that makes sense. I don't really want him or Troy Brown but I can see the reason why teams would. I want shooting so Huerter, Thomas and KBD are my three main focuses. Zhaire Smith too if he happens to fall.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Woj thinks it's someone after 21 so that makes sense. I don't really want him or Troy Brown but I can see the reason why teams would. I want shooting so Huerter, Thomas and KBD are my three main focuses. Zhaire Smith too if he happens to fall.

Liked his fit for the Lakers, think we need another 3&D wing or a good backup PG.  Don't think we're going to find our Jordan Bell in this class unfortunately...

Don't the Bucks historically like athletes?  Or am I imagining things?

Just now, CWood21 said:

Liked his fit for the Lakers, think we need another 3&D wing or a good backup PG.  Don't think we're going to find our Jordan Bell in this class unfortunately...

Don't the Bucks historically like athletes?  Or am I imagining things?

Yeah but who knows now with Bud in charge. I think we'll emphasize shooting a bit more rather than "Bucks DNA" guys as that was a Jason Kidd thing. Have absolutely no idea what to expect from the Bucks going forward at this point.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

yeah I read somewhere the Bulls promised him. He has family ties to the owner/high management or something like that 

I like Huerter, but being a lifelong UMD fan, I never saw him as a top 20 pick. I mean, he definitely has a role in the NBA, but the way he's shooting up draft boards is insane. It's crazy to think Justin Jackson will likely end up going in the second round now, but Huerter will go top 20. Definitely wouldn't have seen that coming a year ago. 

On 5/30/2018 at 5:47 PM, bkobow05 said:

I'm intrigued by Brown for the Nuggets 

Archived