2018 NBA Draft Prospects

devils1854

49 minutes ago, YoungJefe said:

The Clippers need a young point guard to help with their rebuild and have to ask if they value a more proven commodity or the potential of one of the guys on the board. Would you rather have a guy like SGA, Sexton, or Lonnie Walker versus Rozier who is only 24 years old and averaged 16/5/6 as the starting PG in the playoffs for a team that was one game away from the finals. 

The rookie

25 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:
1 hour ago, YoungJefe said:

The Clippers need a young point guard to help with their rebuild and have to ask if they value a more proven commodity or the potential of one of the guys on the board. Would you rather have a guy like SGA, Sexton, or Lonnie Walker versus Rozier who is only 24 years old and averaged 16/5/6 as the starting PG in the playoffs for a team that was one game away from the finals. 

The rookie

This

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/13/17456542/deandre-ayton-defense-nba-draft

Article goes in depth about Ayton and Bagley III's defensive issues and subpar projections as NBA defenders.

Just saw that with Ayton and Ristic on the court UA was 5 points worse defensively than their average. And with Ayton at center (which means Ristic is not on the court) they were two points better (both stats PER100 possessions). With Ayton and Ristic on the floor teams shot 49% from 2PT range. With Ayton at center opponents shot 45% on 2PTers.

I only read the Ayton part but I don't think the article above went in depth at all about Ayton's defensive issues. It went in depth about a stat and the stat's significance. There was very little context or actually talking about Ayton's defensive abilities. 

You know what Ayton is not gonna have to do in the NBA? Play next to an immobile 7-footer and have to guard perimeter players most of the game (as a primary responsibility. yes he will switch some screens, which he is good at).

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I think it is hard to judge Luka rn. He is obviously not in good shape at the moment and most likely worn down from playing so many games.

he always looks worn down and slow/white to me imo. even fresh i dont get it. he's a solid guy. he won't suck. but i mean... what are we talking about here

edit: let me make this clear... i've watched 3 minutes of 2 different game cut ups. for a total of six minutes of intensive film watching where i was also coming off a carb load and feeling kinda drowsy.

8 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

he always looks worn down and slow/white to me imo. even fresh i dont get it. he's a solid guy. he won't suck. but i mean... what are we talking about here

Well he did play way better earlier in the year. He has played over 90 games as the lead ballhandler/creator this year as a 18/19 Y.O. He is most likely (I would almost guarantee it) going to get in way better shape in the NBA too. For almost no one else in the draft is getting in peak athletic shape an issue. 

Archived