2018 NBA Draft Prospects

devils1854

I'm not really worried about his athleticism on the offensive end. The dude brings elite skill/craft and high bball IQ. He knows how to create for himself. It's the defensive side where his lateral limitations are a bigger concern. That said, his game is perfect for today's NBA

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

Well he did play way better earlier in the year. He has played over 90 games as the lead ballhandler/creator this year as a 19 Y.O. He is most likely (I would almost guarantee it) going to get in way better shape in the NBA too. For almost no one else in the draft is getting in peak athletic shape an issue. 

i dont get the narrative like look he's getting more playing time than any 19 yo has ever got. i get he's smart and like does everything correctly and what not.. but like, ok. do we really think he's even the 2nd best player on a good team? im gonna watch more **** tomorrow after i get all this school **** done and then probably regret making the takes i've made so far. but... from my initial looks.. don't get it. show me luka doing something in explosive fashion. show me the fast twitch muscle fibers. he's a skilled guy i know so that makes up for it. but... im gonna watch more and come back with better and more refined thoughts. 

Can't show you something that's not there, @jfinley88. Doncic isn't an explosive athlete but he has a really good first step due to a GREAT hesitation dribble. He's also a really good finisher with touch. You don't need to be an explosive athlete to succeed as a lead guard. Look at Steph Curry. I know Luka isn't a great shooter but his mid-range game is legit so you can't really play off him. I dunno, the dude is incredibly refined as a 19 year old. If he was a college player, he'd be the runaway #1 pick IMO.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Can't show you something that's not there, @jfinley88. Doncic isn't an explosive athlete but he has a really good first step due to a GREAT hesitation dribble. He's also a really good finisher with touch. You don't need to be an explosive athlete to succeed as a lead guard. Look at Steph Curry. I know Luka isn't a great shooter but his mid-range game is legit so you can't really play off him. I dunno, the dude is incredibly refined as a 19 year old. If he was a college player, he'd be the runaway #1 pick IMO.

he's so boring man. i dunno. just from initial quick viewings there's so many guys that excite me way more as far as how they'd translate. i think the top of this draft is all mixed up like 100% with the consensus top guys. that's usually my opinion on it tho.

7 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

i dont get the narrative like look he's getting more playing time than any 19 yo has ever got.

Are you saying its not a valid take (I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely don't know what you are saying)? I would bet the last 18/19 Y.O. who has got as much PT and responsibility as Luka was rookie Lebron. Cause college is only ~35 games and Euro young guys almost always barely play, especially if they are coming to the NBA.

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Are you saying its not a valid take (I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely don't know what you are saying)? I would bet the last 18/19 Y.O. who has got as much PT and responsibility as Luka was rookie Lebron. Cause college is only ~35 games and Euro young guys almost always barely play, especially if they are coming to the NBA.

i dunno i think it's played out a little. getting PT overseas in a different style, which he's built for... dog my brain's not firing tonight. i gotta stop posting lol. got damn man you tryna make me validate my claims that have no basis and making me fatigued. 

12 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

he's so boring man. i dunno. just from initial quick viewings there's so many guys that excite me way more as far as how they'd translate. i think the top of this draft is all mixed up like 100% with the consensus top guys. that's usually my opinion on it tho.

I don't care about boring lol. I care about ability. You can drool over athleticism all you want, I'll take the basketball player.

4 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

This is all moot anyway since I'm a Kings fan so they'll pass on Doncic for the dude with the bad back

Idk if I've said it on here but honestly he should be the pick at 2

Hes the 2nd best prospect in this draft if I'm looking of who I want for the next 15 years

Sac should draft Porter number 2 over Bagley and Luke 100% I always thought there was that potential there 

Just now, bkobow05 said:

I don't care about boring lol. I care about ability. You can drool over athleticism all you want, I'll take the basketball player.

get outta here nerd. on the real tho i feel like every conversation we have about prospects comes down to like you either not liking someone or me liking someone and then if you like the raw athletic dude i dont like you go like "hes a ball of clay" or whatever you say... and then when i dont like the bad athlete/smart guy you're like ahhh athleticism be damned. i look forward to this time of year. i've never been less informed about a draft mid june than i am now, so ignore everything i say as usual but this time know you're valid in doing so. 

Archived