Cowboys Free Agent News

textaz03

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

You’d figure, yeah. Wonder if the whole trade market is on hold at that position after things got a little wild at the deadline (#32 for Chase Claypool, lol)?

You add Nuk to that list, and who knows who else (Denver wants off Sutton more than Jeudy, for instance) and it may be a waiting game. I mean, they waited till December last year. But also got what they paid for doing that. Now may be your only chance to get a guy like Hopkins for a late 2nd.

The biggest difference between this year and last year, is that it was more reasonable to delude yourself into thinking Gallup could do it.

I’m not upset it hasn’t happened yet. The best way to get ripped off is to be desperate. But I hope it’s a real consideration. And I hope they don’t miss out on a really good player because they decide to wait too long.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The biggest difference between this year and last year, is that it was more reasonable to delude yourself into thinking Gallup could do it.

I’m not upset it hasn’t happened yet. The best way to get ripped off is to be desperate. But I hope it’s a real consideration. And I hope they don’t miss out on a really good player because they decide to wait too long.

I guess my wonder is why AZ would be in any rush to move off Hopkins for a late 2nd and change. They’re in no cap crunch, already locked up their QB, have very few guys coming up for extensions. He’s only 30, 31 in June

he’s the guy who jumps off the page of the available options. Jeudy, Sutton, Cooks, OBJ, etc. all have their various pros and cons and I probably wouldn’t force anything for that caliber of WR

3 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I guess my wonder is why AZ would be in any rush to move off Hopkins for a late 2nd and change. They’re in no cap crunch, already locked up their QB, have very few guys coming up for extensions. He’s only 30, 31 in June

he’s the guy who jumps off the page of the available options. Jeudy, Sutton, Cooks, OBJ, etc. all have their various pros and cons and I probably wouldn’t force anything for that caliber of WR

I think Hopkins and Murray don’t mesh very well.  But, Hopkins is exactly the type of WR that Dak needs… great hands and gets open quickly.  Honestly, he is probably the ideal WR to pair w/ Dak.  He has the hands to catch dirt balls.  He flashes wide open in 1 on 1 coverage a lot.  I would love the pairing but unless he restructures his contract, we can’t afford him.

13 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I think Hopkins and Murray don’t mesh very well.  But, Hopkins is exactly the type of WR that Dak needs… great hands and gets open quickly.  Honestly, he is probably the ideal WR to pair w/ Dak.  He has the hands to catch dirt balls.  He flashes wide open in 1 on 1 coverage a lot.  I would love the pairing but unless he restructures his contract, we can’t afford him.

I think Cooks for a 3rd or something makes the most sense still, if he’s willing to do something about that $18M guaranteed salary. Spread it out with a fake extension, HOU eats some of it as part of the deal, idk. 

it does increasingly feel like these trades come down to mutual player/team interest since the contract renegotiation aspect is trickier than the trade compensation at times. So maybe anyone who wants to be here can be if they’re flexible on $$$

16 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I think Cooks for a 3rd or something makes the most sense still, if he’s willing to do something about that $18M guaranteed salary. Spread it out with a fake extension, HOU eats some of it as part of the deal, idk. 

it does increasingly feel like these trades come down to mutual player/team interest since the contract renegotiation aspect is trickier than the trade compensation at times. So maybe anyone who wants to be here can be if they’re flexible on $$$

A 3rd for Cooks is a little rich for me. 

8 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

A 3rd for Cooks is a little rich for me. 

A little, yeah. What if it’s next year’s third though?

I think the market at the position is a little out of whack at the moment and may take time to resettle- let’s not forget what Hill, Adams and AJB all fetched in draft picks AND contract. But there’s no one near that level this time around besides Nuk.

3 hours ago, matt79511 said:

A little, yeah. What if it’s next year’s third though?

I think the market at the position is a little out of whack at the moment and may take time to resettle- let’s not forget what Hill, Adams and AJB all fetched in draft picks AND contract. But there’s no one near that level this time around besides Nuk.

Next years 3rd would be better. I mean I guess he’s worth a 2023 3rd by itself but not with a $18M cap hit. For that cap hit I’m more close to a 4th or 5th. 

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Slater says she doesn’t know anything. I think it’s just a bunch of wannabes getting excited over a fake rumor.

Hmmm

Count me in!!! 

LET ******* GOOOOOOO

DHOP to Dallas

BOOK IT!