2023 NFL offseason

Forge

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wonder if we are ready to give the third LB spot to DFF or if it goes to burks. DFF always seemed right on the cusp of getting a bigger role and then never having it come to fruition 

I wouldn't be too upset if it went to Burks but I would hope we could like a FA OLB on the cheap with starting experience.

I have never been impressed with DFF tbh. He always looked like liability the few times he had to see action. Never quite understood our infatuation with him.

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wonder if we are ready to give the third LB spot to DFF or if it goes to burks. DFF always seemed right on the cusp of getting a bigger role and then never having it come to fruition 

Burks was already playing more than DFF on defense to end the season. Honesty i just hope we draft a young gun and start developing him or one of the UDFA's we signed last year are ready to step up because both aren't really anymore than usefull special teamers to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, straighthate said:

I think our Al shair replacement is in the draft. 

Please move on from Gould. He doesn’t act like he wants to be here so I’d rather just move on for much cheaper. And someone who can actually kick out of the end zone on occasion. 

I don't think Gould doesn't want to be here, he just seems like a hard-liner negotiator. Like "you need me more than I need you" kind of negotiator. He may really want to come back to the 49ers, but I don't think he would show it because it could cost him dollars. 

If the 49ers get tired of that act, they should be just move on, but Gould knows they really value his stability and reliability. 

It's all negotiation tactics right now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

From Key to Hurst to Ferrell....Who is the next Raiders DL that is deemed to be a disappointment that we snag up???

I was going to say Solomon Thomas, but he left the Raiders for the Jets last year, I think. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That was the opposite....A Niners disappointment that the Raiders tried to resurrect lol. 

But I was hoping that his failure with the Raiders would have then made him salvageable for the niners lol 

• Like 2