2023 NFL offseason

Forge

1 hour ago, 49erscap said:

WTF is Aiyuk saying or trying to say, I'm so confused, hope to god he doesn't pull a Deebo, ask for a trade, then lingers on, he seemed to want to be a 49er long term not long ago.

He’s saying that even though he was the 4th option, he still got 1,000 yards and his production will always speak for itself and that he’s ready for year 4. 

I don’t interpret that as he wants to be traded, just that he he’s not taking crap from anyone.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd still love to make a trade push for Okudah 

I know it was t that long ago, but I remember him coming out and he had the same build up as Sauce Gardner coming into the draft. I know injuries have killed his career so far, but I haven’t really heard much about him when he has been healthy….has he done well?

his injury history scares me, but the talent seems to be there. Not sure what we would need to give up for him

12 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I jumped on Facebook this morning and a suggested post popped up from some random 49ers content creator his whole post was about why the 49ers have to trade Aiyuk RIGHT NOW because we have 0 2nd round picks and we need those before the draft.

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

I still think Aiyuk definitely gets paid. If someone gets traded, it will be Deebo. And it will be Deebo next year or the year after when everything gets real expensive.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd still love to make a trade push for Okudah 

Thought about that after they signed Moseley and Sutton and then later CJGJ. Only thing is, two of those players are signed to only one year deals. 

Wouldn't hurt to ask though. His value can't be much higher than a late 3rd or 4th at this point. 

24 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I still think Aiyuk definitely gets paid. If someone gets traded, it will be Deebo. And it will be Deebo next year or the year after when everything gets real expensive.

I would agree with this. I don't have any way to prove it, but I think Shanahan likes Aiyuk more than Deebo. One, he's consistently healthy, and two, he's a better receiver than Deebo. 

If I had to choose one moving forward, it would be Aiyuk.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

With CMC on the team Deebo is nice to have but not as necessary to the offense anymore

Depends on how we use him. He needs to go back to how he was used in the first half of 2021 and then mix in the wide back touches. I really have no idea why Shanny just took that away from him when it was not necessary. Sure we lost all our backs in 2021 and things had to change, but that is not the case now. 

30 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

With CMC on the team Deebo is nice to have but not as necessary to the offense anymore

I believe that if the team had known that they could get CMC at the time Deebo wanted his trade, they may very well have traded Deebo. I'm still glad to have him, and I think we will have this core group of weapons for two more years without too much of a problem, but I don't think that he's ever going to be the dominating presence that he was 2 years ago and this offense will be much more spread out in the passing game