2023 NFL offseason

Forge

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Can't say I love our DE group right now, looks like a weakness at the moment.

Same, one thing to note sounds to me 49ers are expecting a major jump from Drake Jackson. Even tho Drake is working out at the 49ers facility apparently Shanny calls him every day to check up on him. I hope he comes through with getting his body right because if he doesn't impress in camp we have a hole to fix. 

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Same, one thing to note sounds to me 49ers are expecting a major jump from Drake Jackson. Even tho Drake is working out at the 49ers facility apparently Shanny calls him every day to check up on him. I hope he comes through with getting his body right because if he doesn't impress in camp we have a hole to fix. 

Hopefully, this is a Hufanga-type situation from last year where everyone on the outside didn't think he'd be a starter in year 2 then had a good year. 

I like Jackson a lot and think he can be good, but it just seems like they're going to ask a lot of him in year 2. More than I'd like. 

Maybe, Farrell is more of an early-down run-stopper and Jackson gets more of the pass-rushing opportunities. This is a scenario I'd be fine with. But if Jackson wears down or doesn't take the jump we're all hoping, we're in big trouble.

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's basically tripled down on it. 

Its worth noting though that Charles Robinson is a legit NFL guy

Charles is right I've heard that Kyle has said that trading up and drafting Lance was a major mistake. But that they are going to play this offseason out and allow Lance/Darnold to truly compete. Also, Darnold has a real shot to start week 1. Like don't be surprised if it happens. 

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Charles is right I've heard that Kyle has said that trading up and drafting Lance was a major mistake. But that they are going to play this offseason out and allow Lance/Darnold to truly compete. Also, Darnold has a real shot to start week 1. Like don't be surprised if it happens. 

If they are that down on him, I do hope that we can get a second for him and move on. If they are that down on him, I don't know that he's ever going to get a real chance. 

One of the most concerning things to me for Lance is the QBs that they are looking at in the draft. They've apparently done a lot of due diligence on them, including guys like Haener, Aiden O'Connell, etc...guys that will probably go high enough that you can't put them on the practice squad. The team won't carry 4 on the active roster, and given the guarantees on Darnold, I doubt that they are cutting him. 

I still don't think Lance gets moved, but I feel its more likely now than I thought it was a month ago. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

If they are that down on him, I do hope that we can get a second for him and move on. If they are that down on him, I don't know that he's ever going to get a real chance. 

One of the most concerning things to me for Lance is the QBs that they are looking at in the draft. They've apparently done a lot of due diligence on them, including guys like Haener, Aiden O'Connell, etc...guys that will probably go high enough that you can't put them on the practice squad. The team won't carry 4 on the active roster, and given the guarantees on Darnold, I doubt that they are cutting him. 

I still don't think Lance gets moved, but I feel its more likely now than I thought it was a month ago. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Purdy is healed earlier than expected and Trey actually improves. They decide to move Darnold and eat 1.5 million in dead cap. I think Darnold was brought in in case Trey has not taken the necessary big step forward. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Purdy is healed earlier than expected and Trey actually improves. They decide to move Darnold and eat 1.5 million in dead cap. I think Darnold was brought in in case Trey has not taken the necessary big step forward. 

That's probably the best case scenario. The 4 million is a drop in the bucket all things considered, and maybe they are able to just trade Darnold instead of releasing him in that instance. Move him for a 7th or something. 

the problem for hte niners is that if they are down on Lance and it's clearly publicly known, nobody is offering a second round pick to make it worth their while to move him lol 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

He's basically tripled down on it. 

Its worth noting though that Charles Robinson is a legit NFL guy

Larry is on the same tier to me as that goober grant. He was calling for Kyle to get fired before 2019 and I have never taken him seriously since then. 

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah, I agree. Wild year it's been. If Jimmy never got hurt maybe he would have been back. 😂

Nah, Kyle has wanted to replace Jimmy for a few years now. The relationship ran its course. 

• Like 1