2023 NFL offseason

Forge

I mean if Lance really sucked that bad why would Demeco want him after watching him practice against his defense for two years? Does it make sense to really think that Bobby Slowick could develop him better than Shanny has?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Geek said:

I mean if Lance really sucked that bad why would Demeco want him after watching him practice against his defense for two years? Does it make sense to really think that Bobby Slowick could develop him better than Shanny has?

Frankly, I'm not sure that Kyle develops quarterbacks, so I certainly wouldn't rule it out. I think Kyle has a system and they either work in it from jump or they don't. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Larry is on the same tier to me as that goober grant. He was calling for Kyle to get fired before 2019 and I have never taken him seriously since then. 

Don't much care about Larry. Charles Robinson is worth paying attention to. 

52 minutes ago, Geek said:

Great point, but a lot of this is about acquisition costs. 

There is an opportunity cost to selecting a QB in the top 2. Not only do you not get to draft a cornerstone DLman, but you cant trade back a couple spots and get other compensation. 

So, they may like Lance for a 2nd round pick plus will anderson/jalen carter/other picks. They could even move down to 4, pick up extra ammo to trade for Lance, and still get their DLman of choice. In this scenario they would essentially get Lance for free.

So, I understand why they would love to pull that off. Personally, I would rather hold onto Lance for another year or two, and potentially just let him walk as a FA if Purdy proves himself over that span of time. I would expect to get a third-round comp for him, and we could even tag and trade him at that point. 

What Purdy did was great, but it wasn't a whole season, and I really do not want to sell Lance at his lowest point and then have Purdy fall off/not heal properly. You basically need 20 starts (sometimes more) in the NFL before you can really say a guy is established. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

49ers get Kerry Hyder back. One of my favorite max-effort yahoos in a while. Hopefully he can make his fair share of big plays in 2023. I know his snaps were way down last year. 

Hopefully, our depth impresses and he's regulated to the PS. 

• Like 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/49ers-qb-brock-purdy-updates-on-ucl-recovery-recent-progress-i-know-it-sounds-small-but-thats-a-big-win-225815782.html?guccounter=1

That remains an early step in recovery, Purdy saying Friday he’s “not really sure, honestly” whether he’ll play in 2023 as he takes it “one day at a time.” In recent days, progress has come in the form of increased mobility.

Umm??

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Think that's him just not putting the cart before the horse and taking the recovery for granted. It's the same thing mullens did, who was back in a few months. But it's also the only other instance of this surgery being done on a QB

8 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Well, the audio of Purdy talking about playing in 2023 has dropped lol it's of course been pulled out of proportions. Here's the audio skip to 2 mins and 11 seconds.

I like that he defined "cap" lol 

• Like 1